We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at Arm is responsible for developing technologies and products for Arm’s future architecture roadmap. One of the charters of the ATG group is to define system architecture that enables a consistent software view of Arm Architecture based systems. Along with the architecture specification, Arm develops software suites to confirm compliance to the architecture. For system architecture compliance, the software is intended to be built as open source software, building over standards such as UEFI and ACPI. The software should be easy to deploy on a variety of implementations, be effective at confirming compliance and build on standard accepted practices.
The successful candidate will work on the development of the System Architecture Compliance suite, specifically on Enterprise compliance suite.
We are looking for a talented, communicative and enthusiastic individual who has experience with bringing up software on complex diverse systems and appreciates the needs for the standards. The candidate should have familiarity with open source software development and deployment.Good awareness of computer architecture, familiarity with firmware software and operating systems such as Linux is essential for this role.
You will need a good eye for technical detail, the ability to initially work within existing systems whilst developing and socialising plans for future extensions, as well good interpersonal skills. Ensuring timely delivery of the best systems and processes in an evolving research-oriented environment is a challenge which will stretch and extend your knowledge and abilities. You will have an impact in improving the quality of the deliverables from this group which will contribute to partner success by improving their time to market. If you strive for continuous improvement and are a hands-on team player this position would be of interest to you.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree, ideally in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication or Computer Science, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 5+ Years of relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of C/C++ development.
- Knowledge of PCIe (PCI Express) software stack.
- Good understanding of modern computer architecture, especially multi-processor / multi-chip systems.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Proven software development skills, ideally in the areas of Firmware, UEFI or low level operating systems drivers.
- Good understanding of open source software development and adoption.
- Familiarity with System-on-chip architectures.
- Ability to understand and drive complex technical specifications.
Arm core beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps