We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm's Machine Learning group are looking for an ML authority to shape our platform through technical mentorship. You would be responsible for:
- Building a deep understanding of how neural networks are used and their underlying implementation and communicating this across the entire group.
- Guiding and mentoring ML engineers through investigations into use cases such as augmented reality and speech-first interfaces.
- Leading group-wide investigations to identify and fill future needs to ensure Arm is providing the strongest possible platform for its ecosystem.
About the role
In this role you will collaborate with research, technology, engineering and marketing teams on solving big-picture problems whilst also providing detailed technical mentorship of teams developing specific use cases with other groups inside Arm.
We’re looking for engineers with hands-on experience in TensorFlow and ideally PyTorch and with experience optimising and deploying for inference. Knowledge of the theory and concepts involved in ML is important, as is a strong set of communication skills.
The ideal person is someone with a keen problem solving mind, who is passionate about both state of the art machine learning and communicating that to others. In this dynamic field, being able to provide a clear view of current research trends along with the benefits and limitations of each will be the biggest challenge.
Essential skills and experience:
- Proven experience training and debugging neural networks with TensorFlow (both legacy-style and tf.keras would be an advantage).
- Experience using TensorFlow tooling to visualize, transform and convert to TFLite.
- Strong communication and mentorship skills.
- Understand quantization, sparsity and have experience applying these to neural networks.
- Have a strong attention to detail to ensure use cases you investigate are well-understood.
- Have a big-picture understanding of current ML research directions and how these can impact developers and engineers deploying them on current and future hardware.
- Experience of the inner workings of Tensorflow or Tensorflow Lite
- Strong knowledge of PyTorch or TVM
- Reasonable experience with C++
- You have familiarity in developing compute-intensive applications and ideally would have industry experience of product development
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- Seek diverse views and involve others - brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength - widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions - stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Take responsibility for your ongoing development, and facilitate development of those you lead
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented people. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps