We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 100 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
The Internet Services Group is the fastest growing division of Arm, having the responsibility of building the core IoT related services and solutions. Our team in Glasgow are seeking an Infrastructure Operations Engineer to join us on the journey to connect billions of new devices to the internet
We are searching for enthusiastic people to join our team where you will work closely with our Support and Development teams, with a focus on operating and maintaining customer-facing environments ensuring best practices are followed to deliver highly available, scalable and secure solutions. You work well under pressure and will be a self-starter who is adept at working within the team to pursue solutions to larger problems.
Working in a dynamic, agile environment with like-minded, open and adaptable colleagues. You will join an exceptional team, providing you with excellent personal and professional development opportunities.
- Investigating complex customer-facing software and networking issues.
- Develop and deploy bespoke monitoring solutions.
- Good interpersonal skills, interaction with other teams.
- Following an infrastructure as code approach to deploy and automate environment provisioning.
- Maintaining and improving CI pipelines
- Build and maintain tooling to enable self-service across other functions within the organisation.
- Adhering to security best practices for software, networking and infrastructure.
Required Skills and Experience
- Demonstrable experience of Infrastructure and related technologies.
- Experience with one or more of the following languages;
- C / C++
- Database knowledge - MariaDB/MySQL.
- Familiarity with UNIX based operating systems.
- Experience of Source control using Git.
- Experience with System Automation and Scripting.
- BSc level degree in a Computing Science field or equivalent work experience.
Desirable skills and experience
- Exposure to Ansible / Terraform.
- Knowledge in storage, data centres and Load balancing.
- Routing and switching, security, firewalls.
- Knowledge of layer 2/3 networking.
- Knowledge of RADIUS and associated AAA systems.
- Awareness of various VPN implementations including IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP.
What are the desired behaviours?
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed during the recruitment process:
- Delivery of results – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you aim to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
- Partner / customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve the best outcome for both.
- Creativity / innovation – Possessing curiosity and a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Collaboration / communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Personal impact / influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Team / personal development – You take time to drive your own development, while also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape the extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.#LI-SS1
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
4A, Skypark 5
45 Finnieston St
Glasgow G3 8JU, UK
See on Google maps