We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Reporting to the Taiwan Director of IoT Sales in ARM’s Internet of Things (IoT) Services Group and based in ARM Taipei office in Neihu, the Pre-Sales Engineer, IoT Services Group, Singapore is chartered with assisting in developing, accelerating and scaling ARM’s IoT services revenues and mbed adoption with lead players across Taiwan and Sourtheast Asia in concert with ARM’s ISG strategy and directions.
Working closely with ISG Core and App Engineering, Product Management, and Product Marketing organizations, the Pre-Sales engineer is required to master the group’s product lines and value proposition. The person is expected to proactively address techcnial and product people across several layer of the Sourtheast Asia and ANZ IoT value-chain mainly in the industrial space.
Up to 30% domestic travel and 20% international travel is expected, as well as working across different time zones as needed
- Demonstrated 5+ years proven experience in software Pre-Sales of highly technical products
- Past experience in SaaS/PaaS/IaaS techcnial Pre-Sales, and/or product management, and/or software development
- Good communications and presentation skills (Chinese and English); able to present to various stakeholders (external and internal)
- Experience and connections with multiple industrial verticals (e.g., Utilities & Energy, Connected Spaces, Transportation & Logistics)
- Working with large scale corporations mainly with Product, Operations, Security and CTO organizations
- Experience in technically selling highly complex products to techcnial stakeholders
- Ability to articulate new and complex product offerings
- Ability to develop, monitor and assist in addressing long and large-scale sales cycles
- Startup mentality; highly motivated with problem-solving ability; self-starter with proven success in dealing with ambiguity
- Organized and process driven
- Customer-focused and Customer-sensitive; able to motivate team members and co-workers; able to influence positively; flexible and hard-working Ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus, and drive decisions
- Software engineering degree
- Proficiency in some of the following areas is a big plus.Familiarity and development experience with key web service infrastructures including IBM Bluemix, Watson IoT, Microsoft Azure, IoTHub/EventHub, Amazon AWS, HPE.
- Experience in designing/developing of customer-facing REST APIs and other Web-centric service mechanisms. Deep knowledge of REST, MQTT, AMQP, WebSockets, XML, JSON (and JSON Parsing), HTML.
- Full understanding of security-centric algorithms and protocols such has AES, ECC, SSL, TLS including key generation mechanisms and constraints, ACLs, and certificates.
- Embedded systems applications compilation process and tools, C libraries and microcontroller startup
- Cortex-M microcontrollers and peripherals and their development environments
ARM’s IoT Services Group is a fast growing ‘start-up’ group inside ARM. The successful candidate will work closely with a global team of hard working professionals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who share a common vision and passion for building the foundation for this emerging industry that will change the way connected devices are developed, managed, and utilized.
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.