We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Secure Identity group builds solutions based on the latest standards and technologies, aiming at securing cellular IoT and consumer devices bound to be deployed by trillions in the coming years. We are seeking an experienced Senior Network Engineer to join our team.
As a member of the Secure Identity group you will work closely with senior team members to scope, design and implement creative solutions across Arm’s world-class connectivity infrastructure and supporting systems, working within the team and with the wider organization to deliver new deployments for Secure Identity projects. You will demonstrate experience in networking across a variety of platforms, with a detailed understanding of deploying and maintaining networking solutions in a cross-vendor infrastructure. You will need to work well in a fast-paced environment and be both a self-starter and adept at collaborating both within and outside the team to take on larger problems.
Working in an environment where your opinion matters, you will play an instrumental part in crafting the direction of the organization while working in a dynamic, agile environment with like-minded, open and adaptable colleagues.
Further to the responsibilities above, we are also passionate about new solutions incorporating the following technologies:
- Software Defined Networking
- Virtual Routing and Switching frameworks
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
Technical Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science field or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with networking architecture
- Strong cross-platform networking skills
- Unix systems administration experience (Linux)
- Awareness of various VPN implementations including IPsec, OpenVPN and L2TP
- Experience working with both service oriented architecture and microservice architectures
- Experience working with Cisco firewalls
- Experience working with load balancers and traffic management
- Knowledge of hardware security modules (HSMs)
- An understanding of project delivery through both Agile and Waterfall models
Preference will be given to applicants who have:
- Experience of integration between various private and public cloud platforms
- Detailed understanding of BGP routing
- Experience of database administration (MongoDB)
- Understanding of the challenges of networking with containerized solutions
- CCNA or an AWS/Azure cloud connectivity qualification
- Evidence of working within a security framework such as ISO27001
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps