We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As a Software Engineer in Arm's Systems Group, we like to think we are not just crafting new software solutions. We are also defining future software designs in various disciplines and architectures. Not only do we enable key hardware bring-up environments, but we also craft software solutions for improve the power, performance and system integration of our products.
As an Engineer at Arm, our work transcends across multiple divisions where we drive improved implementation for Arm and our partners. A key component of this is around the development of comprehensive software designs and implementations in various software environments.
What will I be accountable for?
We are looking for a Software/Firmware/Web Developer to help on all aspects of the software life cycle. This includes software and hardware bring-up and debug of new ARM-based systems, development of tools for configuring and building the underlying IP and rapid prototyping of new software designs. Key responsibilities include working on boot software especially around embedded processor initialization and SOC-based firmware including UEFI, ACPI and ARM Trusted Firmware. Additional responsibilities include development of web-based prototypes and proof-of-concepts for internal teams related to encouraging rapid hardware design and development. These prototypes will use web-based software environments such as Angular, Node.js, MySQL and Java. On a day to day basis you will be working with multiple hardware design teams and in different software environments.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Science Engineering or equivalent work experience.
- The ability to demonstrate that you can express new ideas and communicate them effectively.
- Evident skills and experience in solving complex software engineering challenges, including ability to work on multiple software projects concurrently.
- Possess a high level of dedication, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Experience in embedded software development, web software and/or EDA tool development
- Familiarity with version control software eg. Git or SVN
- Knowledge around Arm based SoCs
- Experience with a wide range of programming, scripting & data presentation languages e.g. HTML, CSS, PHP, SQL, Perl, Ruby, …
- Flexibility to work across teams and disciplines
- Demonstrate a positive attitude and respect for all members of the team
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps