Scope of the role:
Working with the Secure identity and Connectivity Management Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Marketing and other groups, you will work to drive adoption & revenue of Arm’s Secure Identity and Connectivity Management group offerings.
- Articulate and educate customers on the value proposition of Arm's services
- Responsible for driving deeper level technical requirements during sales process in order to scope and estimate the project.
- Amalgamate requirements into a clearly defined solution which may be used in the pre-sales process (high level, non technical)
- Defining project scope, designing initial high-level solution architecture and estimating level of effort.
- Collaborate with Arm Sales Managers, customers and other Arm teams to oversee technical responses to RFIs, RFPs and tender bids.
- You will be the “customer voice” towards our Product and Engineering groups, articulating customer and field requirements, and “ARM’s voice” towards the customer, explaining how to use current and planned capabilities.
You will build deep technical and business relationship with customers, and also have Arm’s Product Managers and Engineers to assist.
- Collaborate with customers to ensure their requirements are in scope of solution - define areas of professional services
- Define statements of work
- Work closely with Arm Project and Product Managers as well as the Arm Deployment Team to ensure successful planning and execution of customer-related projects and technical work
- Define acceptance testing process post-delivery to ensure customer satisfaction
Answer the technical queries coming from customers in the Secure Identity, Connectivity Management domains, and Arm’s wider IoT services and solution offerings.
- Experience in a technical & customer facing role.
- Technical understanding of Smart Card Technologies
- Hands on experience with Smart Card products, tools, technical standards
- Knowledge of cryptographic systems and functions
- Knowledge of SIM/eSIM and 3GPP cellular device / network architecture, protocols, service provisioning, connectivity management platforms
- Technical understanding of Enterprise Software and familiarity with related software services (SaaS), ideally within the IoT and/or mobile telecoms contexts
- Experience and connections from working with wireless OEMs in various industry verticals (e.g., Telecoms, Utilities & Energy, Connected Spaces, and Transportation, Logistics & Retail).
- Presentation and listening skills with varied audience types and sizes.
- Ability to articulate new and complex product offerings; ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints, perspectives and opinions with objective and impartial analysis to solve problems, gain consensus, and drive decisions.
- Organised and flexible; problem solver; self-starter with “can do” attitude.
- Willing to travel
- Experience with embedded systems development
- Good knowledge of software programming
- Bachelor’s degree in CS / EE or other relevant discipline
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.