We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Technology Services Group (TSG) provides the high-performance compute environment that fuels product and solutions development for Arm's engineering community. Whether it’s high-performance compute on our infrastructure and in the cloud, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the products and services we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
We are embarking on a program to provide our engineering community with a hybrid (on premise and cloud based) platform that meets the needs and demands of Arm’s Software and Hardware based engineers.
About the role
Working closely with team leads, team managers, project managers, engineering teams across Technology Services Group (TSG), senior partners from across Arm’s engineering communities and external partners, the unique Senior Cloud Transformation Program Manager will plan, handle and deliver the transformation products and solutions effectively and efficiently.
You will coordinate with teams to communicate and track objectives, risks, and critical metrics. You will be dependent on other activities as well as being depended upon and will need to successfully handle transactions in both directions.
You’ll need to be an extraordinary team member, enthusiastic and flexible in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You will have led transformation programs in the past and ideally you’ll also bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by other successful programs. You should be an excellent communicator with the passion and resilience to get things done!
You thrive working across geographical and cultural boundaries and will travel as appropriate to other Arm sites.
What will you be accountable for?
- You will collaborate with functional leaders, be responsible for driving and monitoring programs for delivering products and/or solutions. From specifications, running project timelines, to delivery, you are diligent on all these fronts to successfully deliver the outcomes of the program such as
- Overall view on the projects, ensuring that interdependencies are raised quickly and addressed from a technical and operational perspective
- Ownership and oversight of assigned projects using standard methodology project/program management and mentorship
- You will lead effective teams by understanding their needs and working cross functionally to achieve the best outcome
- Contribute to steering committees and senior leadership briefings
- Help lead improvement and quality assurance compliance programs
- Help identify and track engineering metrics that align with business metrics in improving effectiveness, efficiency and compliance
- Work with product management, BU heads and partners in defining longer-term product and solution roadmaps
- You will own the creation and maintenance of project timelines with well-defined achievements
- You will help lead and drive internal multi-functional teams to meet program deliverables and quality criteria according to program dedications
What skills, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or related field.
- Minimum of 8+ years in a technical project/program management role in a related industry.
- You have contributed in many roles including Product Owner, management, development, and support.
- Your polished soft skills to obtain agreements, influence negotiations, work through others to achieve results, and engage the correct contacts to be successful.
- You have good technical expertise combined with an ability to take the lead for large complex tasks and improvements.
- You possess strong problem-solving skills, and able to handle conflicting priorities.
- You can effectively communicate with various levels within and outside the organization, and have strong leadership, influencing and negotiating skills
- Experience delivering complex software products successfully in a fast-paced environment, building real products for real customers.
- Experience building top-level program & project plans
- Experience with running risks while continuing to progress towards bold goals.
- You understand the need to promote effective measures, clear objectives as well as Key Performance Indicators
- Possess a clear style of communication and presentation skills, enabling you to liaise with partners and quickly establish positive relationships
- Work collaboratively in a team and have a committed attitude in driving issues to conclusion.
- Experience with Jira, Confluence, GitHub and Microsoft Project
- Experience running programs across geographically distributed and culturally diverse work-groups
- Experience with developing and reporting on metrics for development, test execution, risks, and other aspects of program management
- Confirmed experience with software product development cycles (from concept to production).
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies -e.g. Agile, Waterfall, etc
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Passion for progress
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Be your brilliant self
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions light
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps