We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Senior Applications Engineer - Modelling
Arm is the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, offering the widest range of microprocessor cores to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets. Combining a dynamic ecosystem with over 1,000 partners delivering silicon, development tools and software, and with more than 90 billion processors shipped, our technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Arm's Partner Enablement organization, where we offer creative services to drive the successful delivery of our partners' groundbreaking products.
- Dynamic problem solver, capable of investigating and resolving complex customer issues
- Strong background in microprocessor architectures and modelling solutions
- Passionate about new technology and want to help drive the global adoption of innovative Arm IP
- Passion for sharing knowledge with others
As a Senior Application Engineer in the Modelling team, you will join a team supporting all of Arm’s IP and system modelling products. The team is highly motivated and responsible for supporting Arm's partners in applying Arm IP and software technologies in their latest state of the art projects in a simulation environment. Typical work includes:
- Resolving issues and acting as trusted adviser to answer deeply technical inquiries
- Bridging the gap between Arm's customers and product engineering teams by providing detailed feedback and customer insights to improve our products and ensure we are best enabling partner success
- Aiding in the production of excellent technical enablement content for documentation, knowledge articles and training portal
- Delivering world-class technical training, whether by virtual classroom or travelling off-site to visit customers in person
Education and qualifications
Good university degree in Electronics Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent; other disciplines with applicable experience will also be considered.
Essential skills & behaviours
- Your strong interpersonal and communication skills are vital for success; we are looking for excellent written and spoken English
- We seek enthusiasm and flexibility in putting customers first; you are hardworking with a real passion for enabling others to succeed
- Can demonstrate an ability to manage competing priorities and work with peers in a global team spanning many cultures and timezones
- Knowledge of SystemC or other modelling technologies
- Offer experience of applications engineering or development of embedded software
- Familiarity with SystemVerilog will be an advantage
- We are seeking an understanding of the Arm architecture
- Knowledge of SoC hardware components, system design, and software interfaces
- Knowledge of assembly language, preferably for the Arm instruction sets
- Familiarity with Arm software tools including IDEs, compilers, and debuggers
- Experience of technical training material development and delivery will be an advantage
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Statutory Social Benefits:
- Medical, Pension & Maternity
- Work related injury
- Unemployment & Housing fund
- Commercial Benefits:
- Medical, Travel & Life Insurance
- Annual Health Check
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 12 days annual leave for the 1st year increasing 2 days every calendar year up to 20 days maximum
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, congratulations, phone bill substitution, benefit club membership, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Shin-Yokohama office has employees from the Sales, Partner Enablement, Marketing, R&D, Finance and IT departments. The office is a short walking distance from Shin-Yokohama station, approximately 30km Southwest of Tokyo, and only a short 20-minute ride on the world famous 'Shinkansen' ("Bullet Train") from Tokyo station.
Shinyokohama Square Bldg. 17F
See on Google maps