We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Architecture and Technology Group at ARM is responsible for developing technologies and products for ARM’s future architecture roadmap. The Architecture Verification product group at ARM develops Architecture Compliance Kits that are deployed across multiple CPU development teams to prove that their implementations are compliant to the ARM architecture.
The Partner Enablement function within the Architecture Verification group work with internal CPU design teams and external architecture licensees to enable smooth deployment of the architecture compliance kit, support the partners through the compliance process by debugging product and test failures. This position gives an opportunity to engage both within and outside ARM to support ARM’s future architecture roadmap and influence our product offering.
A suitable candidate for this role must possess good engineering and technical skills, fair understanding of CPU architecture or microarchitectures and excellent partner facing and communication skills.
Role & Responsibilities
- Understand ARM architecture specifications and compliance product
- Strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Enable smooth deployment of the ARM Architecture Compliance Kits at the partner end
- Stakeholder management and strong and continuous communication on deliveries and risks and ensure that all engineering commitments are delivered successfully.
- Interact with internal and external customers to understand their issues and resolve them with a sense of urgency.
- Participate or Own debug and resolution of failures reported by Partners.
- Proactively contribute in product improvement and enhance customer experience
- Track and monitor key customer metrics and provide management regular updates
Characteristics & Requirements
- Understand architecture specifications, verification strategy and compliance product
- Good understanding of different verification environments, toolchains, simulators, emulators
- Able to understand testcode written in assembly, C, HVL and higher abstraction languages
- Able to script and automate as needed
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and willing to take up additional responsibilities to contribute to the team’s success.
Qualification & Experience
- Good University degree in Computer Engineering/Computer Science or Electronics Engineering. Other candidates will be considered if they have relevant experience.
- 6+ Years of engineering experience primarily focussing on the processor domain
- Experience in the Microprocessor domain. Familiarity with ARM (or x86) architecture or micro-architecture
- Experience in at least one programming language or assembly or any scripting languages (C, ARM assembly, Perl)
- Excellent communication skills and customer facing experience
- Ability to work with the team to achieve timely and quality deliverables.
- Excellent problem solving, software and debugging skills
- Working knowledge of RTL Simulation environments.
- Exposure to ARM based system designs.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps