We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you passionate about pushing technology boundaries and would like the opportunity to contribute to future generations of high-end Arm processors?
If you are a talented undergraduate with a keen interest in CPU micro-architecture with a proficiency in low-level software (C/C++) , we would like to hear from you.
In this role, you will learn hands-on about CPU micro-architecture design and performance analysis and be given a real task to help us in our goal of creating technologies for future generations of Arm processors. This is a great opportunity to build an understanding of the internals of high-end Arm CPUs, techniques for performance analysis and also to enhance software and hardware engineering skills.
CPU workloads typically compromise of multiple phases with different performance characteristics due to the specific mix of compute/memory requirements.
The goal of this internship is to investigate introspective micro-architectural mechanisms for discovering workload phases in real-time and opportunities to use this information to optimise micro-architecture/system operation.
The project entails augmenting an existing detailed CPU micro-architecture performance modelling infrastructure (written in C/C++) , performing some preliminary prototyping of key structures in RTL to demonstrate feasibility of implementation, and a detailed write-up of the key findings of the investigation.
Education & Qualifications
Undergraduate in Computer Science or Electronic Engineering
Essential Skills & Experience
• Keen interest in CPU architecture and micro-architecture features (pipelines, caches, branch prediction …. )
• Knowledge and use of assembly language programming (ideally ARM)
- Software development experience with ‘C’ or ‘C++’
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby or TCL
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Experience with micro-architectural performance simulation/benchmarking
- Experience with digital hardware design using RTL
- Experience with EDA synthesis / place & route tools
- Understanding of operating systems (e.g. Linux kernel and/or RTOS)
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps