We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
This position is for our office in Grasbrunn just outside of Munich, with excellent transport links like the S-Bahn and Autobahn.
Our group is responsible for Microcontroller Development Tools and Software Stacks (keil.com/mdk5) as well as the Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard (arm.com/CMSIS).
You can join us and help craft software tools enabling our customers to develop, debug, test, analyze and certify their software for applications ranging from IoT Sensor nodes to Industrial Automation using Arm Cortex-M based microcontrollers.
We are looking for you, a highly skilled and enthusiastic C and/or C++ software test engineer who is passionate about quality software solutions to expand our team. In the course of this role, you will have the opportunity to learn about and use the latest Arm based microcontroller devices from all major silicon vendors. You will be part of the development team architecting and implementing solutions exploiting new debug and trace capabilities provided by Arm’s latest debug IP and give to productivity improvements of software developers using our tools. These well-established tools are widely relied on by professionals in their product development ranging from industrial to IoT applications. You shall ensure that quality and security is at the heart of the development in the debug chain from the graphical frontend all the way down to the hardware target device’s debug logic as well as the project build engine.
What will you be accountable for?
- Develop, extend and maintain test frameworks which enable the team members to add and maintain automated tests easily and efficiently.
- Monitor nightly regression and continuous integration tests including initial test failure analysis.
- Advise the team in using test frameworks, writing tests and applying 3rd party tools e.g. static analysis tools.
- Be the point of contact when needing to setup new project specific testing.
- Specify and/or review test strategies and test plans.
- You will be expected to occasionally travel to events and meet with colleagues in other locations.
Your Key Skills and Experience:
You are experienced with and highly competent at:
- Programming in C and/or C++.
- Building great test frameworks, infrastructure and automated test environments for software projects.
- Automating processes using scripting languages like Perl and python.
- Following common software development, continuous integration and test processes.
- Self-sufficiently analyzing and solving complex problems.
- Effectively communicating to persuade and influence others.
- Spoken and written English as well as spoken German.
Note: Training may be provided if you lack a competence.
Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or have similar relevant experience.
Desirable Skills & Experience:
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application, but you shall develop your skills in these areas while on the job.
You have experience with and you are competent at:
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or Robot, and maintenance of test infrastructure.
- Cross platform development Windows, Linux and MacOS.
- Static code analysis tools for quality and security.
- Embedded systems development skills.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our creative culture and guide our decisions. Our core beliefs define how we work together to defy the ordinary and shape the extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Be prepared to make the best of it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be open and not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 30 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Grasbrunn office is located close to Munich and is home to a mixture of Keil Development Solutions engineers, Sales and Marketing staff. Being in the heart of Bavaria, there is plenty to see and do, including the world famous annual Oktoberfest.
Arm Germany GmbH
Bretonischer Ring 16
See on Google maps