We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Technology Service Group (TSG) provide the on premise and internal/external cloud computing infrastructure that fuels product and solutions development for arm’s engineering community. Whether it is High Performance / Throughput Computing Automation (HPC/HTC) on our estate, Electronic Design Automation (EDA), or bespoke software tools and workflows, the products and services we deliver are used by every engineer in Arm.
In this role, you will be working closely with design engineers, team leads/managers, project managers, and other engineering teams across Technology Services Group (TSG). You as the application/flow engineer will be a key contributor in solving complex HPC/flow performance issues, influence and implement improvements in our physical design flows. You will drive to ensure each flow being developed, deployed, and operated securely and efficiently at scale; > 10k cores. You will also be able to embrace, practice, and demonstrate the direction of “everything through software” mindset using the SRE skillset.
You’ll need to bring a positive team player, enthusiastic, self-starter and flexible attitude in applying different techniques to help drive successful outcomes. You are also expected to bring fresh thinking and ideas, inspired by other successful programs you have contributed to before. You should be an excellent communicator with the passion and resilience to get things done!
You thrive working across geographical and cultural boundaries and will travel as appropriate to other arm sites as/when needed; sometimes at short notice.
What you will be accountable for?
You will be part of the cutting-edge technical leaders and contributors of arm ecosystems. You will be primarily responsible for assessing and improving how EDA flows are operating on TSG on-prem and cloud infrastructure. Some of the responsibilities but not limited to are:
- Ad-hoc profile, identify and assess performance characteristics/bottlenecks of flows and its jobs running on the estate at request or as part of troubleshooting activities with operations.
- Develop and champion CI/CD processes to asses flow characteristics and fitness for production in terms of performance and scalability
- Contribute to improvement and quality assurance compliance programs as they apply to services provided by TSG
- Work in an Agile environment to ensure all stories are completed within allocated sprints
- Work with Engineering/TSG program and escalation managers to drive continuous process improvements and effectiveness
What skill, experience, and qualifications will you bring?
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field is required.
- Work experience of 5+ years in a technical support/engineering role in an HPC/HTC or a large scale Redhat/CentOS Linux cluster environment is required
- Curious mind to identify/look for performance opportunities and idea for potential solutions is required
- Experience with job schedulers (LSF, PBS, Slurm, etc.) is required
- Experience with and general understanding of profiling tools and large-scale monitoring/telemetry systems is required
- Good technical expertise combined with an ability to take the lead/ownership for large complex tasks and improvement is required
- Very strong problem-solving skills and ability to handle conflicting priorities at times is required.
- Effective communication across various levels within and outside the organization is required
- Working collaboratively in a team environment and demonstrating a positive can-do attitude in driving team goals and issues to conclusion is required
- Experience with developing and reporting on metrics for development, test execution, risks, and other aspects of project management is required
- Expertise on one or more of the programming/scripting languages such as Java, Perl, Python, tsch/bash, Make, Ruby, or Ansible is required
- Having a rigorous methodical testing and documentation driven approach to the problems is preferred
- Experience with EDA tools from Cadence, Mentor, or Synopsys, and EDA engineering workflows is preferred
- Experience with the type of profiling and tracking tools used to monitor black-box executables running in large scale production Linux cluster environments is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux kernel tuning for high performance workloads is a plus
- Experience developing CPU and I/O micro benchmarks, or synthetic benchmarks is a plus
- Experience delivering complex software products successfully in a fast-paced environment, building real products for real customers is a plus
- Experience with CI/CD practices and/or tools is a plus
- Experience with Agile software/product development cycles is a plus
- Experience working across geographically distributed and culturally diverse working groups is a plus
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps