We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs and validates all of arm's processor IP and collaborates with the world's leading technology companies.
When you join the arm CPU Group as a Junior Project Manager, you will be part of CPU Sophia-Antipolis’s Operations team which is responsible for budgeting, operational planning, running projects with global impact, overseeing hiring activities, facilitating and driving improvement activities, as well as managing change.
This is an opportunity to embrace daily challenges, engage in key business activities, and increase your business acumen by owning projects and working directly with senior leaders on the operations team. The ideal candidate shall have the capability to make an immediate contribution to the Operations team, have the ability to understand, measure, execute and enhance processes, and implement group-wide change.
What will I be accountable for?
The Project Manager role reports to the portfolio manager with responsibility for driving and increasing efficiency and profitability throughout the CPU team located in Sophia.
- Responsibility for operational activities across CPU Group (CPU) in Sophia-Antipolis
- Responsibility for CPU Sophia operational plan and key performance indicators.
- Assisting with the financial management including quarterly budget planning and monitoring and 5-year planning,
- Oversee the headcount/hiring process for CPU Sophia working with the hiring managers and HR/Talent Acquisition team
- Oversee employee on-boarding process
- Understand arm processes and make recommendations on how to increase efficiencies
- Plan and put in place projects that do the above, then follow up and drive actions and activities to completion
- Developing training procedures and guidelines on how to perform processes better
- Keeping management informed of trouble spots in advance before major problems occur, and proposing cost-effective solutions
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Master’s Degree in Business or Engineering or another relevant area
- A minimum of two years in a professional environment working in operations, analysis, or related function
- Strong numerical and analytical capabilities with solid MS Excel skills such as the ability to program in Visual Basic, create pivot tables, and use macros
- Strong skills in MS Office tools
- Proven experience as an effective change manager with a strong focus on end results and the ability to infuse trust while providing structured plans to stakeholders
- Proven experience working cross-functionally through change while infusing and providing structured plans to stakeholders and managing end results
- Good interpersonal skills to enable networking in a dynamic, geographically disparate organization
- Experience developing, introducing, and refining new processes around team and business requirements
- Comfortable with configuration methods, versioning, and documentation tools such as experience working with team sites in Microsoft SharePoint
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
At arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviours that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary. These behaviours are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
- Partner and customer focus – Your tendency to put your partners and customers first in all that you do by understanding their needs and striving to achieve win-win solutions.
- Collaboration and communication – Your ability to forge lasting relationships which are built upon mutual trust, open communication and sharing of information and success.
- Creativity and innovation – Possessing a passion for driving continuous improvement through spotting opportunities and seeking the views of others.
- Team and personal development – You take time to drive your own development, whilst also encouraging team members and partners to do the same.
- Impact and influence – You listen to different perspectives, evaluate, persuade and carefully shape your work to deliver truly impactful results.
- Deliver on your promises – You demonstrate a can-do attitude and you drive to overcome obstacles, acting with a sense of urgency because you’re passionate about what you do.
Why work for ARM?
As well as a friendly and high-performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, maternity and paternity extra leaves, supplementary pension, meal vouchers and reduction in working hours (11 days).
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps