We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, value diversity at our company and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm designs the technology that lies at the heart of advanced digital products, from wireless, networking and consumer entertainment solutions to imaging, automotive, security and storage devices. Arm’s comprehensive product offering includes CPUs, graphics processors (GPUs) and image signal processors (ISPs), enabling software, cell libraries, embedded memories, high-speed interconnect products, high-performance peripherals such as memory controllers and DMA controllers, and development tools.
The ISP group designs image processors and similar technology for markets including automotive, drones, teleconferencing and surveillance. Our intellectual property includes RTL, reference drivers, tools and libraries enabling our customers to build on top of our work to create new and innovative products.
This position works within an exceptional team of software engineers to deliver software implementations of our world leading image and video processing algorithms. The successful candidate will work on an exciting variety of cutting edge projects running on different platforms and environment, controlling ARM’s ISP blocks found in SoCs and FPGA implementations used in digital cameras, displays and mobile platforms to provide the best image quality.
You will help ISP software developers :
- to design and implement a software model
- perform image quality analysis and tuning
- to develop ISP device driver and image processing algorithms
- to develop tools related to all software tasks
You will make improvements to advance our engineering practices and the state of the art for software products.
Studying towards at least a Bachelor university degree, ideally in computer science, or specialized in related subjects such as Physics or Mathematics with required skills and experience.
Essential skills and experience
- Experience in software development in C / C++ / Matlab / python
- Strong passion and ability for problem solving and debugging
- Able to execute tasks in creative and efficient ways
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Basic experience on linux environment
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills and experience
- Experience in linux system programming
- Experience in image processing algorithms
- Experience in FPGA environment
- Experience in software or image quality testing
- Experience in version control systems such as git
We are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary.
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Arm is committed to global talent acquisition, offering an attractive relocation package. With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, creative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a dynamic, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unrivaled contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps