We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this outstanding position will allow you to work alongside technology experts across Arm.
Do you want to contribute to the future of Arm technology and architectures, investigate performance issues and contribute to the development of new architectures?
You will join the Architecture and Technology Group at Arm -- a dynamic, collaborative, highly motivated and influential team responsible for building the foundation of the future compute platform architectures -- from autonomous vehicles to mobile phones to IoT nodes to server farms.
Committed for improvements, you will work in tandem with other teams in Arm, with external partners to develop new technologies and influence future products.
Working in the Architecture and Technology systems architecture group:
- You will contribute to the definition of next-generation system technologies, including processor and system architecture specifications and hardware products.
- You will work closely with experts from across Arm to develop and evaluate new technologies deploying them internally within Arm and to the broader Arm ecosystem.
- Your work will influence both Arm product roadmaps and the wider Arm ecosystem.
If the challenge and opportunity of working on state-of-the-art technology excites you, and you can meet the requirements of the job description below, we look forward to receiving your application. Please note this role can be performed either from our Sophia Antipolis office or our Cambridge based office.
You should have knowledge and skills in several of the following areas:
- Architecture definition (CPU, DSP and/or other hardware acceleration)
- Architecture performance analysis and optimisation.
- Analytical evaluation of new technologies and their applicability to a target market
- Memory systems, caches, coherency protocols and memory management
- Hardware and software partitioning
- Low-level programming and optimisation for DSP and/or SIMD
- Digital Signal Processing / Machine Learning algorithm implementation
You should be able to:
- Demonstrate strong communication skills.
- Navigate and make high-level design trade-offs and articulate the rationale for those choices.
- Have a can-do attitude, be flexible and ready to accept new challenges.
- Have a university degree (or equivalent), in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or a related discipline.
It would be useful if you have familiarity with one or more of:
- System-level modelling, for example with System-C or gem5
- Performance or power analysis and estimation
- Hardware accelerators, DSP and ML
- Arm architecture fundamentals
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps