We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an enthusiastic engineer to join Arm, and help shape the future of technology and collaborating in the development of next-generation CPU that fuel billions of devices world-wide.
Arm’s Sophia Antipolis design centre is located in one of the most beautiful parts of France, at the heart of Europe’s largest and most dynamic technology park. Surrounded by mountains and the Mediterranean Sea, this exceptional design centre has delivered leading products from Arm’s Cortex (TM) processor family.
There is a design role within the Sophia Antipolis CPU team, which is focused on mainstream processors ranging from high-end cores to micro-controllers.
These components are used extensively in consumer devices such as mobile phones and tablets as well as in numerous other electronic products from sensors to servers.
Working in the CPU Group, you will be creative, innovative and enthusiastic about new technologies. Our engineers create products providing world-class performance and low power.
You’ll immediately start working on real project tasks with help and guidance of experienced engineers. Through teamwork, training and dedication to personal development, our goal is that every engineer quickly learns about different aspects of developing highly-complex designs, starts contributing to different project tasks and ultimately develops into an expert in the field.
Would you like to work in a multi-site and multi-cultural environment?
What would be your key responsibilities?
- You will create the specifications for the next generation of Arm’s CPU products, analyse the trade-offs between different options via modelling or RTL.
- You will develop the IP in RTL, work with the rest of the design team to deliver a product with leading power efficiency and performance.
- You will work in close relationship with the CPU modelling, verification and implementation teams.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
Recently graduated from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering or Computer Science, although other science graduates will be considered with relevant experience
Essential skills include:
- An engineering mindset and passion for digital design
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Understanding of computer architecture and micro-architecture concepts
- Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good inter-personal and teamwork skills
Desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of the Arm architecture
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
- Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
- Exposure or first working knowledge synthesis/floorplanning/power planning and place and route tools and techniques
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
Why work for Arm?
As well as a friendly and high performance working environment, Arm offers a competitive benefits package in France including: private medical insurance (employee and family), 25 days annual leave, 20-day sabbatical every four years, supplementary pension, meal vouchers and reduction in working hours (11 days).
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps