Education & Qualifications
You will preferably be a graduate from a University or Engineering School, in Electronic Engineering, Software Engineering or Computer Science. Other science graduates with relevant experience will be considered.
The systems we are developing are challenging in both the area of hardware design and software, requiring an enthusiasm for science and technology as a whole. You will find that you are encouraged to find solutions wherever such a challenge presents itself so this will test your ingenuity and ability to work in an autonomous manner as well as part of a cohesive team.
Essential Skills & Experience
The essential skills for a candidate should include:
- Excellent written and spoken English communication, capable of writing coherent reports, influencing and building consensus
- Willingness to be flexible and accept new challenges
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to express ideas and communicate effectively
- Good interpersonal skills
Desirable Skills & Experience
The following skills would be nice to have:
- Experience of Verilog, SystemVerilog or VHDL
- HDL synthesis design knowledge
- Perl, Python or other scripting language
- Familiarity of Unix/Linux working environment
- High-level programming experience in an Object Oriented language such as C/C++
- Knowledge of microprocessor, ASIC systems
- Assembly language, ideally in Arm assembler
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented engineers. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we inspire our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.