We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
During the course of this internship, you’ll learn about the Arm mobile and embedded ecosystems, the technologies used by its developers and how Arm's tools enable them to build high quality applications. Our tools are used across a wide spectrum of developers: mobile, games, Android, Linux, Machine Learning, embedded and enterprise.
Your main placement will be with the teams responsible for producing Arm's client focussed performance analysis tools. The expectations around this will be:
- Collaborative development: participating in feature design and development for the products.
- The ability to follow software development methodologies and processes, including code review.
- Additions to, and maintenance of, the continuous integration systems we use.
You will also have the opportunity to rotate into other teams during your internship. These rotations could be anything from compiler development to DevOps roles, depending on your experience and the needs of the teams.
- You will have a good understanding and practical experience of Java, C and/or C++ programming.
- You will have strong abstract reasoning skills with an ability to focus on key concepts at all levels of detail.
- You should have a deep understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- You will have experience with scripting in Python and using the Linux command line.
- You should be motivated, an independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
- You shall be able to demonstrate effective verbal and written communication skills.
- You will need the ability to work alone as well as in a team
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application. You shall have the opportunity to develop your skills in some these areas.
- Experience with version control systems like Git or SVN.
- Experience with bug tracking systems like Jira.
- Eclipse Framework / RCP application development.
- QT application development.
- Android application or games development.
- Graphics APIs (EG: GLES, Vulkan).
- User Interface Design.
- Basic Linux administration, particularly installation and maintenance.
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as GoCD, Jenkins or Robot, and maintenance of test infrastructure using DevOps frameworks such as Chef or Ansible.
- Optimising code for performance.
Are you excited by those responsibilities? Are you a fit for those requirements? If so, we'd love to hear from you.
You should be studying towards a degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics or an alternative with relevant experience.
DSG is to help our customers craft creative and energy efficient Arm-Powered products, using powerful and easy to use development tools. Our mission is to build or enable tools that improve Arm system performance, productivity or time to market.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse organisation of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling a vibrant, inclusive, meritocratic, and open workplace, where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps