We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are looking for an ambitious individual who is passionate about delivering high quality software to join the Product Engineering team within Arm’s Connectivity Management division in Glasgow. Our collective of highly hardworking engineers are working at the forefront of a number of interesting areas:
- The Design and implementation of powerful software for simplifying complex deployment scenarios of IoT devices at scale.
- APIs that enable Arm Partners, Customers and Developer ecosystem to embed and build upon core functionality within our products.
- The deployment of our products and expansions of our network infrastructure in new regions globally.
Are you someone who is passionate about?
- Testing within an Agile Software Development Lifecycle.
- Working alongside engineering and product teams to ensure the highest level of software quality is maintained
- Test automation and continuous integration/deployment
What will you be accountable for?
As an experienced QA Engineer, you will be placed alongside a software development team in Glasgow, UK. You will work within the quality assurance procedures within our organisation to ensure our products achieve the required quality. You will get embedded into the entire stack of the SDLC to ensure that testing is occurring at the correct times which will include systems, integration and release testing.
- Work as part of the QA team alongside the development team ensuring high quality software releases with focus on systems & integration testing, regression testing and release testing.
- Develop, document and maintain functional & E2E test cases along with other test artefacts such as test data, data validation scripts etc.
- Create and execute both manual and automated test scripts and report test results.
- Ensure that the validated work meets the functional requirements and design specifications
- Report and triage bugs, work closely with developers to identify defect root causes and help develop solutions
- Identify and implement opportunities for automation and process improvements
- Work with a vision to drive quality through informal and formal reviews of all test processes.
Essential Skills and Qualities:
- Experience in a quality assurance role with strong knowledge of systems & integration testing, and regression testing.
- Experience working in an Agile environment and excellent knowledge of all aspects of SDLC.
- Good understanding of testing process, methodologies and test automation.
- Proficiency with SQL and relational database systems
- Experience with testing REST API's using POSTMAN, SOAP UI or similar
- Test management tools such as X-Ray, Zephyr or similar
- Good knowledge of test environments and testing using stubs, simulators etc.
- Experience with E2E testing and supporting UAT with end users.
Experience in any of the following areas would improve your application:
- Prior experience within an organisation that provides highly available services.
- Working within the Atlassian software toolkit, such as Jira and Confluence.
- Deployment of software to test environments, knowledge of CI/CD concepts and tools
- Source control using Git and branching methodologies
- Experience in practices like BDD (Behaviour Driven Development) and/or TDD (Test Driven Development)
Your attributes should include any of the traits listed below:
- Ability to dedicatedly analyse, identify and communicate problems effectively.
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate risks and issues to Engineering Management.
- An appreciation of how and why automated testing is needed in a CI/CD framework.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and lead your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our Arm Glasgow office is home to teams from our Cloud Services division in our IoT Services Group (ISG). Glasgow enthralls with theatres, galleries and museums, bustling nightlife and shopping rated the UK’s best outside of London. You’ll find Skypark in Finnieston, Glasgow’s new business quarter. Set in the middle of the city centre and West End, Finnieston is a well-established, vibrant neighbourhood, home to some of the city’s finest bars and restaurants. It’s also home to Scotland’s premier conference venue, the SECC, and the city’s latest concert arena, The Hydro. The Riverside Museum isn’t far off, and the Science Centre and IMAX cinema are a short walk away, over one of the many bridges that cross the Clyde.
Glasgow, Scotland, UK
4A, Skypark 5
45 Finnieston St
Glasgow G3 8JU, UK
See on Google maps