We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. The mission of the IoT services group (ISG) within Arm® is to securely connect & manage the world of IoT devices and data. We are delivering on that mission through our Pelion platform - which harnesses the power of IoT data and enables insights to unlock new possibilities.
Do you have a passion building highly performant, flexible and reusable web applications and components? Do you understand different PAN and WAN connectivity methods and can write software for microcontrollers? Can you make valuable contributions through simplification and automation?
We are hiring talented and creative software engineer to build and support our new customer focused IoT applications and web components platform. We are seeking talented engineers experienced with Front-end technologies including:
Emphasis on automation, automation, automation!Sensors, wireless connectivity and microcontrollers
Embedded software for Arm Cortex-M microcontrollers using an RTOSSoftware in Python or similar.
What will I be accountable for?
You will be designing, implementing and end to end IoT systems which includes highly scalable front-end applications, secure backend systems, gateways and data producing sensor nodes. You will be working in a scrum team to assemble, distil and translate visual designs and business needs into clean, usable and understandable solutions. The role will be based in Austin, Texas with minimal travel to other Arm offices, customers and partners sites.
You’re an engineer who instinctively designs solutions which are as simple as possible, but no simpler. You like complexity but hate complicated.
Quality is not an after-thought. You often muse about what Internet of Things could lead to. You truly believe that collaboration helps us all move forward faster and are passionate about open-source software.
Integrity, Passion and Teamwork are not just words to be spoken to get a job, but values to embody to do the job. You’re able to collaborate with engineers across multiple international sites.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- You have practical experience with HTML5, CSS, ECMA 6 or Typescript and principles of responsive design.
- Strong front-end framework architecture understanding and how to use and optimize them.
- You build tested code, which operates within our CI / CD pipeline (Git, Jenkins, Selenium, JMeter / Blaze Meter).
- Experience with databases (mysql, postgres, NoSQL).
- Solid grasp of coding standards and guidelines for various languages and a desire to craft beautiful code.
- You have deep understanding of REST, how to effective build and run APIs.
- You are able to independently translate designs (e.g. wireframes, mockups, and requirements documents) to engineering tasks.
- You understand key principles of design thinking, what it is and why it is important, and how technology can be used in the process to explore all possibilities regardless of their source.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps