We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm Physical Design Group (PDG) is the industry’s leading supplier of foundation physical IP and processor implementation solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for all application markets. With design enablement platforms supported on 18 foundry partners, Arm Artisan physical IP is the most trusted and widely used provider with more than 10 billion ICs being shipped annually.
Artisan physical IP platforms include Logic IP and supporting Architect products, Embedded Memories, and Interface IP optimized for each foundry and process technology from 250nm to 5nm. These productions combined with POP IP and Architect products ease implementation challenges for advanced nodes to accelerate core hardening, speed SoC implementation and reduce project risks for IC design.
In this internship, you will join the PDG Operations team in Sophia Antipolis, France, which includes PDG projects and programs management, Project Management Office and Quality Management. You will learn Project / Product Managements tools and methods, you will interact with experienced project/program managers and our engineering community. You will have the opportunity to work on one of the following topics :
- Implementation of Change Management Framework :
- Use the PDG Change Management Framework to deploy Project / Product Management tools and methodologies in the organisation.
- Create Change Management workflow to track and manage the progress of change.
- You will learn on a real example how to efficiently deploy changes in an organisation.
- Implementation of Project Management Dashboards :
- Preform data gathering and analytics on in heterogenous databases (Jira, MSP, …).
- Develop easy to use dashboards to help Project managers to track project metrics and quality and take the right decisions.
- Understand Project/Program Management metrics and dashboard requirements.
- Participate to the definition of and implement the use model of several available communication, knowledge sharing and collaborative systems
- Explore each system capabilities and extract advantages and drawbacks and best usage of each
- Participate to the definition of the information governance in each system, considering technical aspects and best outcome for the group
- Develop use models of some of the systems, create templates and define the deployment to users
This internship is an exciting opportunity for a future operation management professional to work in our advanced products team with the world’s most successful physical design team, the newest process technologies, and the designers of the latest ARM processor cores to pioneer the implementation of power efficient products for the future.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
We are looking for students in their last year of Masters (BAC+5 or equivalent), in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent relevant field, and available for 5 to 6 months.
A keen interest in Product, Project/Program Management.
Excellent attention to detail.
Good interpersonal and collaboration skills.
Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively.
Ability to communicate in English in writing (mails, documentation) and during meetings.
Interest In Software application development.
OTHER DESIRABLE SKILLS INCLUDE:
Management of small Project. Junior Enterprise.
Use of Office 365 and Microsoft Sharepoint tools.
Jira, Confluence, power BI, Data Analytics.
Salary - 1750 Euros month
1 day paid leave a month
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Supplementary pension
- Private Medical Insurance (employee & family)
- Life Insurance
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 paid business days every four-years of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, free car parking, luncheon vouchers & Public Transport Pass reduction, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The staff at the Arm Sophia Antipolis design center is mostly focused on CPU design. Sophia Antipolis is a technology park that’s surrounded by a large national park, with wild boar that live within the city and can be seen strolling through the tech park. It’s conveniently located a quick 30 minute drive southwest of Nice, 45 minutes to Monaco, and only 20 minutes to Cannes.
Sophia Antipolis, France
Arm France SAS
25 Allée Pierre Ziller
F-06903 Sophia Antipolis Cedex
See on Google maps