We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm® is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. IoT services group (ISG) is one of the two business units within arm. ISG mission is to securely connect and manage the world of IoT devices and data. We're focused on harnessing IoT, so we can enable others to gain insights and thereby unlock new possibilities. ISG delivers Pelion as platform to enable this vision.
The Arm Pelion® IoT Platform provides the operating system, cloud services, tools and developer ecosystem to make the creation and deployment of commercial, standards-based IoT solutions possible at scale. The cloud services provide a wide range of capabilities including Device Management, Data and Connectivity Management.
We are a fast growing and dynamic team of hard-working professionals who share a vision and real passion for building a technology foundation for this emerging industry.
About the role
We are looking for an extraordinarily talented product owner with a track record of success to join the Arm Pelion Product team, leading the Pelion Vertical solution offering.
Pelion® vertical solution enables customers and partners build applications by leveraging Data, Device and Connectivity Management services . You will be working closely with internal and external customers and partners to develop requirements specifications, prioritize initiatives and lead product roadmaps, from conception through launch to ongoing development and maintenance.
The role is based in San Jose with occasional travel to customers and other Arm sites.
What will I be accountable for?
- You will bring industry knowledge and insight, and work with customers and internal partners to lead development of the Pelion Platform product definition and roadmaps.
- Use your domain knowledge to create innovative, differentiating features to maintain and grow Pelion's competitive market position.
- Lead the entire product line life cycle from calculated planning to tactical activities and assess competitors' products to craft a view of the market.
- You will share and test drive your insights with customers.
- Prioritize product requirements and create product requirements documentation.
- You will enthuse engineering teams with your product vision generate marketing and sales material for your products
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Minimum of 3+ years of product management experience.
- Ability to identify customer's needs and turn them into commercial product offering.
- Ability to define crisply define Minimum Viable Product based on business and strategic measures.
- Experience in end-to-end service definition and creation.
- Ability to communicate product plans and lead expectations to a variety of audiences.
- Ability to write clear, achievable requirements.
- Experience or exposure to the IoT, embedded and cloud space and technologies, or major industry verticals using them.
- Technology background in software development, ideally as a software developer.
- Strong knowledge with software development lifecycle methods (e.g., agile)
- Solid understanding with web service and embedded software delivery
- The ability to adapt to change and show kindness
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps