Arm’s technology is the foundational intelligence in over 100 billion silicon chips and is fundamental to enabling exciting new markets Hyperscale Computing, Virtual Reality, Autonomous Vehicles. It is at the heart of hot technology areas such as Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence and the Internet of Things, to name but a few - but is very cool!
Our Open Source Software team contributes to some of the most exciting global software development communities, across all layers of the software stack from the lowest levels of firmware to higher level projects that are transforming the application of software technology for entire industries. We collaborate, both internally and with our partners, to accelerate the adoption of the world leading IP that Arm offers to change the world that we live in for the better.
The culture, people and work environment at Arm are buzzing with opportunity.
Are you an outstanding, highly motivated, technically proficient delivery/project manager; with a proven foundation in both traditional and agile practices in a very technical environment; willing to do what it takes to enable and serve some of the most brilliant software development teams on the planet? If so, we seek enlightened Project Managers with the tenacity and versatility to flex across a wide range of delivery frameworks, technologies and teams, who embrace change, enjoy a challenge and can lift a team to new heights.
As a Project Manager at Arm, you will have traditional expectations to ensure good quality, to-spec, and timely delivery of products, but also a focus on enablement and transparency to achieve this. You will strive to build and evangelise lean and efficient practices across the delivery organisation and wider communities, with a passion for continual improvement.
To succeed in this role, you must be a skilled networker, multi-tasker and communicator. In collaboration with your teams and partners you will play a key part in leading the:
- living of our culture and setting the tone; especially via the recognition of your teams, by providing considered care and constructive mentorship as appropriate.
- Smooth running of a project from initiation through closure, including selection of appropriate delivery frameworks and implementations thereof.
- Tracking and execution against commitments and expectations, being the voice of reality when things go awry and taking the initiative to get them back on track.
- Clear communication of team progress and needs.
- Collaboration with external contractors and internal functions.
- Administration and maintenance of the projects.
- Business planning
- Evolution of and conformance to, project delivery related guidelines and processes.
This role will be based at Arm’s corporate headquarters in the historic city of Cambridge, and its largest engineering centre (although some travel to be required), giving the opportunity to be surrounded by world-leading authorities and work with some of the very best people anywhere.