We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Please note this is a Fixed Term Contract ending Sept 2021
We are looking for a highly skilled, technically capable senior software engineer to join the team of Arm Forge at Warwick. You will be passionate about making a difference through building great quality products.
As an experienced developer, you’ll have a methodical approach to debugging and performance analysis and understand how developers will use our tools to achieve their objectives. Working as part of a team of C++ software engineers based in Warwick you will help to develop the Arm Forge Debug and Profiling tools.
Arm Forge is used by developers to increase software performance or fix software bugs from single Linux servers right up to the largest supercomputer on the planet. Our tools span a wide range of use cases; from C/C++/Python developers writing multithreaded server applications or ML and data analysis applications, to C/C++/Fortran/Python HPC developers scaling to millions of cores.
To learn more about our group and the products please check https://developer.arm.com/hpc.
We are looking for a highly skilled and motivated senior software engineer who is passionate about producing quality valuable software to join our elite team based in Warwick.
- Responsible for developing quality functionality on schedule, including specification, design, development, documentation and test.
- Drive forward major features or improvements and increase quality into the product.
- Expected to integrate with existing ARM process and infrastructure where possible and use your experience to introduce new processes where required.
Educated to degree level or have similar relevant experience.
Key Skills & Experience
You will have gained industry experience developing products using C++/C. Training may be provided for the people with only a subset of the required skills. You will require the following selection of skills for this role.
In priority order, experience with and highly competent at:
- C++ and C programming for Linux/Unix and ensuring quality in own and others code delivery.
- Demonstrable commercial C/C++ development experience.
- Good administrator-level knowledge of Linux/Unix.
- Excellent knowledge of Agile development frameworks.
- Good working knowledge of version control using tools such as Git or Mercurial.
- Self-driven, independent problem solver, technically versatile, willing to be flexible and accept new challenges.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work alone as well as in a team.
Desirable Skills & Experience
You will either have or develop the following skills during this role. You do not need any of these to apply or succeed in your application.
In priority order, experience with and competent at:
- High performance computing applications, libraries or parallel programming.
- Previous experience of the Qt library.
- Knowledge of operating system, compiler and debugger internals – for example the DWARF standard
- Experience of developing or contributing to GDB, Perf, GCC or similar open source projects.
- Python programming.
- Experience with Mac OS X or Windows.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Warwick is one of Arm's newest offices, coming from the acquisition of Allinea in December 2016. Located in the heart of England, Warwick is famous for its magnificent castle and historic charm, with a calendar of diverse and exciting events throughout the year. The city lies in Warwickshire county, which was named one of the best places to visit in Europe, according to the Lonely Planet guide.
The Innovation Centre
Warwick Technology Park
Warwick CV34 6UW See on Google maps