We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
The implementation team in Central Engineering - Systems drives the standards and methodology behind producing best in class high performance, low power Arm cores and systems on silicon. The group is responsible for ensuring that the IPs can meet the requirements of the Arm partner base, on cutting edge deep sub-micron processes, whilst driving advanced implementation methodologies using the latest EDA tools.
In addition this group is responsible for specification, design and fabrication of Arm based SoCs used for demonstrating the capabilities of Arm intellectual property, resulting in the testing and analysis of real silicon.
As part of this team, you will contribute to successful tape-outs or external customer releases by achieving the desired power, performance and area (PPA) in various process nodes for Platforms, test-chips and reference implementations.
This is a challenging role, employing the latest design techniques to meet demanding product specifications on the newest CMOS processes. The role also involves interaction and working with customers, EDA vendors and other Arm engineering groups around the world.
What will I be accountable for?
- Complete ownership of Physical Implementation and sign-off of SoC or blocks (RTL2GDSII) of varying complexity around system interconnect, CPU and GPU cores as well as other Arm IPs and subsystems.
- Involvement in top level floor-planning, partitioning , integration and sign-off.
- Developing new methodologies to increase the efficiency and quality of implementation by interacting with EDA vendors and other implementation teams in Arm
- Work with RTL design teams to provide feedback to improve PPA
- Technically Lead/mentor team members as per project requirement.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical disciplines.
- 2-4 years’ experience
- Experience in RTL2GDSII flow, including floorplan, Place and Route, CTS, STA, IR and physical verification
- Exposure to SOC level floorplan and partition
- Experience in implementation challenges on newer process nodes
- Experience in low power implementation and methodologies for PPA improvement
- The ability to demonstrate that you can express new ideas and communicate them effectively.
- Possess a high level of dedicated, initiative and problem-solving skills.
- Programming and scripting skills e.g. Tcl, Perl
Desirable Skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Arm IPs
- Experience with Verilog RTL design
- Basic understanding of DFT
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps