We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is at the heart of the world's most advanced digital products. Our technology enables the creation of new markets and transformation of industries and society. We design scalable, energy efficient-processors and related technologies to deliver the intelligence in applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smartphones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things.
Our innovative technology is licensed by Arm Partners who have shipped more than 50 billion Systems on Chip (SoCs) containing our intellectual property since the company began in 1990. Together with our Connected Community, we are breaking down barriers to innovation for developers, designers and engineers, ensuring a fast, reliable route to market for leading electronics companies.
About the role
We are looking for a highly motivated graduates to join Arm’s embedded software teams. The positions are in various teams working on projects across the software stack – firmware, operating systems, device drivers, JIT compilers and Runtimes, middleware, etc.
If you're passionate about:
- Developing high quality, high performance software for Arm’s advanced architectures, CPUs, system IP, and integrated sub-systems.
- Digging deeper into the internals of how operating systems work
- How the firmware and OS interact, and the responsibilities of the firmware
- The challenges of bringing up a new development board
- Exploring the complexities of system architecture and its effect on performance
- Improving the quality of Software development with CI systems (Continuous Integration)
Then there is a role for you!
- Low level software development, test and debug on various platforms, including software models, development boards and shipping products.
- Build software stacks for Arm’s reference platforms for next generation of Arm devices.
- Contribute to the development of reference secure firmware for Arm application processors and MCUs.
- Upstreaming and maintenance.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree (or equivalent), ideally in a numerate subject, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
What skills and experience do you need as an Embedded Software Graduate?
- A real passion for embedded computing that goes beyond your studies
- A creative and structured approach to problem-solving
- Knowledge of C
- Comfortable communicating within a small team
- A desire for learning and self-improvement
Desirable Skills and Qualities
The following skills are not essential for this role, but experience in any of the following areas would improve your application:
- Experience with version control systems, particularly distributed tools such as Git or Mercurial
- Open Source project interaction or contribution
- Zephyr, FreeRTOS, other RTOS development or validation
- Embedded devices, and programming beyond using a microcontroller
- An appreciation of some of the ways in which computer architectures differ
- Hands on experience with hardware and software debuggers
- Knowledge of other languages, such as shell, Perl, Python, Java, Haskell or any assembly
- Continuous integration tools (Jenkins, buildbot…)
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical & Life
- Allowances, Transportation & Meal
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Others, SZEP card, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Budapest office is focused on design and verification projects from the Systems & Software and Partner Enablement teams. Often cited as one of the most beautiful cities in Europe, Budapest is an UNESCO World Heritage Site, along with the Banks of the Danube, the Buda Castle Quarter and Andrassy Avenue, making it one of the most visited cities in Europe.
Arm Hungary Kft.
1082 Budapest, Futó u. 45.
(Corvin Crystal Tower)
See on Google maps