We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
ARM is world renowned for designing energy efficient processors. These processors are the brains in billions of applications ranging from sensors to servers, including smart phones, tablets, enterprise infrastructure and the Internet of Things. Working side by side with the leading technology companies across the globe, the CPU group specifies, designs, and validates all of ARM’s processor IP.
As a CPU Lead Architect, you will be part of a talented Austin-based processor design team where you can make a significant contribution. You will be focused on Arm’s high-performance CPU designs for the infrastructure market, targeting servers and networking in the cloud and edge computing markets.
You are an industry expert on server/datacenter/cloud/networking who can evangelize Arm products and gather, understand, and pragmatically prioritize CPU features for the Infrastructure markets. You are a CPU architect who can coordinate with or lead CPU project teams to ensure key Infrastructure-oriented features are investigated and implemented.
You will work with infrastructure partners to understand their workloads and challenges to help us define and deliver great products for the cloud, 5G network, and edge computing. You will be a key liaison with customers to conceive, investigate, and specify new features and innovations for infrastructure products. You will work to develop the architecture, technology, and supporting system IP such as interconnects to deliver high-performance solutions. You will contribute to the requirements, specification, micro-architecture, and design of high performance, energy efficient microprocessors.
Our team employs leading-edge technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products. Your close collaboration with other Arm engineering teams will lead to complete IP solutions to address the performance, power, and cost requirements for the infrastructure market.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering strongly preferred.
- Minimum 15 years of post-degree work experience in processor micro-architecture, RTL design, and performance
- Significant prior experience in these specific areas is required:
- High-performance, area-efficient, and power-efficient processor design
- Enterprise server system architecture and design
- Datacenter software stacks
- CPU performance modeling and analysis
- System performance benchmarking and analysis
- Functionality, performance, and physical implementation trade-offs
- Ability to travel occasionally for cross-site collaboration and customer meetings
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
• Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
• No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
• Information is important, share it
• Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
• Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
• Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
• Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
• The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps