We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Location: Cambridge, UK
Length of internship: 12 months
About the role
Modern digital marketing is very important to ARM, both for connecting with businesses and individual end-customers. If you want to learn about B2B marketing in a high-tech industry, then read on!
The Development Solutions Group develops and markets a number of software tools such as C/C++ compilers, debuggers, simulation models and software performance analysis tools. Our tools are used worldwide by many of the leading electronic and software companies in the development of ARM-based products. We are recruiting for a student interested in an industrial summer placement within our marketing team.
What will I be accountable for and what is in it for you?
During a 12 month placement at our Cambridge office, you’ll learn about how we market our software development tools, in addition to gaining a full appreciation of the marketing machine, from lead generation to re-contracting of existing customers. Understanding how to edit, reword and extract the key points from content will be a focus, improving clarity of marketing messages on our websites. You’ll get to work on several projects using tools such as the Adobe Creative Suite, marketing automation platform and CRM systems. You’ll also gain an appreciation of responsive web and email design.
You will help plan and execute our new product launches, utilizing different marketing channels such as social media, advertisement, websites, webinars, etc. You will also get the chance to work closely with a range of stakeholders, including Sales teams, engineers, marketing professionals and creative teams from across ARM. Finally, you’ll be expected to measure the success of your marketing activities and suggest ways for improvement.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- In order to be considered, you should be on a relevant degree course, or have demonstrable marketing knowledge
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS
- A good understanding of statistics
- Impeccable written English and interest in content creation
- A real passion for using state of the art marketing techniques, including SEO and interest in digital marketing
- Understanding of reporting against critical metrics
- Proactive and self-motivated, ability to understand and solve problems, versatile and willing to learn
- Works well within a small team
- Some experience in Illustrator, Photoshop and Dreamweaver would be beneficial
- You don’t need to be an engineer, but some appreciation of computer sciences, engineering and technology would be useful
What are the desired behaviours for this role?
ARM is proud to have a set of behaviours that differentiate our talent in the marketplace. These are embedded in all our roles and applicants are encouraged to evidence their attitudes/behaviours as part of the application process:
- Operates effectively and openly in teams and shares both knowledge and success with others
- Builds strong and lasting relationships based on mutual trust
- Actively seeks out and encourages alternative viewpoints and ideas
- Applies critical thinking to select the best way forward
- Demonstrates a positive attitude in gaining insight from team experiences and is receptive to feedback
- Is passionate about the success of others and actively provides support for their development
- Listens and explores alternative perspectives before carefully shaping work that will deliver impactful results
- Persuades rather than pushes when influencing colleagues
- Acts with a thoughtful sense of urgency
- Demonstrates a helpful, can-do attitude
- Thinks and acts in the best interests of our customers and partners
- Strives to achieve win-win outcomes for ARM and our customers
How to Apply
If you are passionate about this role, click ‘apply now’.
We are currently only able to support applications from candidates who are already eligible to work and live in the UK. This might also include individuals who are currently under the Tier 4 study visa scheme. Therefore, you will automatically be deselected if this requirement isn’t met.
What does ARM’s recruitment process involve for Early Careers?
ARM hires early careers talent on a rolling basis and we have a limited number of roles available. We therefore encourage you to apply as soon as possible to ensure you have the best chance of being considered. If your initial application is successful, you will be invited to take part in a digital/ telephone interview. If this interview goes well, we'll invite you to a selection day/ onsite interview. We'll be holding selection days every month where successful candidates will have the opportunity to learn more about ARM and meet our teams in person.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps