We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Help define and drive the software quality processes used in the development of Arm’s HPC tools. We are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic quality manager who is passionate about producing high quality software to join our engineering team.
This role will give you the opportunity to learn about and use the world-leading supercomputers that we support. Our tools are used by industry, government and academia to perform ground-breaking scientific research and simulations, such as weather forecasting, modelling the big bang and simulating the human brain.
The HPC team develop software tools that support developers using Arm based HPC systems: C++ and Fortran HPC compilers, Arm Performance Libraries and the Arm instruction emulator.
In the role of Quality Lead you will:
- Develop the quality strategy for HPC tools releases, working closely with product managers, engineering managers and project managers to deliver continuous improvement in product quality.
- Apply the quality strategy to product requirements to develop test plans that validate the quality of product releases.
- Work with the wider development team to extend our automated test frameworks to give fast feedback to developers and ensure that we meet our quality goals.
- Act as a champion of the customer by working with engineers to ensure that product features meet the needs of end-users.
This position is based in our office in the heart of Manchester, steps away from the vibrant life of the city centre and there are excellent transport links. You may be required to occasionally travel to events and meet with our partners.
Experienced with and highly proficient at:
- Software Development in a team based environment
- Coordinating Test design and implementation
- Application of software methodologies, tools, and processes including code review.
Note: Training may be provided for the right candidate with only a subset of the skills and experience.
You will be educated to degree level or have an equivalent level of industry experience.
Desirable Skills & Experience
The following is a selection of skills used across our projects.
You do not need to have experience with any of these to apply or to succeed in your application.
- Use of agile methodologies
- Experience with performance analysis and tuning of compilers
- Experience with HPC systems
- Experience with scientific computing
- Test development using Continuous Integration tools such as Jenkins or Robot, and maintenance of test infrastructure using DevOps frameworks such as Chef or Ansible.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
Our office in Manchester, England hosts diverse teams from throughout Arm including debuggers, HPC tools, technical communications, DevOps infrastructure provision and open-source software development. The office is located in the heart of Manchester city centre allowing easy access to shops, restaurants and a bustling nightlife. Known for its world-renowned sporting connections, Manchester is seen as the United Kingdom's "second city", as it is the most visited city in England by overseas visitors aside from the capital.
11 Portland St
See on Google maps