We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
As a Memory System / Interconnect Design Engineer, you will be part of the Systems and Software team focused on next-generation interconnects targeting high-end mobile, networking, and enterprise markets. You will contribute to the specification, microarchitecture and RTL design of high-performance, energy-efficient interconnects. This opportunity is specific to a confidential project, and as part of this small and talented team, you will be able to expand your technical breadth relating to leading-edge interconnects, including multi-chip, IO acceleration, and new memory technologies. In addition, your close collaboration with other Austin-based CPU and System IP engineering teams leads to complete IP solutions to address the performance, power and cost requirements for almost all application markets.
What will I be accountable for?
- Interconnect Micro-architecture specification and RTL design
- Verilog RTL logic design and debug
- Working closely with performance modeling, validation, and implementation teams to meet all functional requirements, performance, power and area goals
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- Education BS or MS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering
- Prior RTL design experience is required.
- An ideal candidate will have at least 2+ and maybe even more than 4+ years of work experience in microprocessor, SoC, memory controller and interconnect IP design.
- Experience with interconnect and bus architectures (with proficiency in IO acceleration, PCIe, system caching, QoS)
- CPU or compute subsystem memory micro-architecture.
- Experience with Verilog or VHDL, coupled with design synthesis targeted to achieve specified frequency, power, and area targets
- Processor system knowledge including basic understanding of SoC systems as well as operating system software
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, drive and diligence
- Work well in a team environment
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be motivated to continuously develop skills and accept a variety of responsibilities as part of contributing to the design center’s success
- Be able to travel for training or occasional customer interaction
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps