We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
We are searching for a creative and talented Graduate Software Engineer to join the innovative Raven Random Test Generator team at the Austin office. On our team, you would help improve our product through close collaboration with senior CPU verification engineers, both inside and outside of Arm, to define and develop new technologies and state of the art methods to achieve their verification goals.
We are part of Arm’s Architecture & Technology Group – the part of Arm that is responsible for developing architectural specifications and other technologies needed to support Arm’s partners in successful development of processors conforming to the architecture. In addition to our product for CPU verification groups, we also collaborate early and frequently with Arm’s architects to help Arm ensure that new architectures can be verified effectively.
What will I do day-to-day?
As a part of our team, your day-to-day work would consist primarily of software development in C++, and would rely heavily upon your knowledge of computer architecture concepts and ability to read and understand new architectural specifications. If you are looking for an environment where you can make a significant contribution, collaborate with a talented team that builds leading-edge verification technologies and methodologies, we’re looking forward to hearing from you.
Role & Responsibilities:
- debug and fix issues reported by customers on Raven, a C++ based dynamic random instruction set generator
- work on development and deployment of Raven for A, R, and M-class cores
- architect and implement Raven features, considering customer requirements and Raven roadmap
- actively participate in feature discussions and help set direction of Raven development
- organize and provide customer training, as needed
What skills or qualifications do I need?
You should have:
- Bachelor or Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering/Computer Engineering
- experience with modern C++
- experience with Perl or Python
- good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- good written and verbal communication skills
- ability to juggle multiple projects
- some experience with assembly language programming ,software development on Linux, pre-silicon verification, testbenches, modeling, or hardware design
- ideally some exposure to multiple architectures (preferably Arm and x86)
- experience with SystemVerilog
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps