We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
At Arm, we know that IP building blocks are not enough to be successful in a market. The Arm Machine Learning Group acts to ensure that as Machine Learning evolves, all ML runs best on Arm.
About the role
You are passionate about developing Machine Learning software. You will be joining a close-knit and collaborative team of highly motivated engineers investigating and developing state of the art machine learning algorithms and libraries. The role will focus on developing and porting libraries and frameworks to provide easy access to various Arm accelerators (CPU, GPU and fixed function hardware). Work could include both closed and open source efforts and would involve working with a wide array of hardware and software engineers, making sure that machine learning applications run well on Arm platforms.
Functions of this opportunity include:
- Write highly optimised neural network algorithms using SIMD technologies (NEON, OpenCL)
- Engage with the Arm developer ecosystem to help them make the best use of our technology
- Develop the firmware that powers the next generation of specialised processors
- Work on building APIs for machine learning, including working on or providing feedback to craft machine learning frameworks (open source and proprietary)
- Contribute to groundbreaking software tools for neural network optimisation and conditioning
Desirable skills and experience:
- Familiarity in developing compute-intensive applications
- Experience with API design or implementation
- Experience of optimising for Arm IP or other resource constrained systems
- Knowledge of Arm NEON or other SIMD architectures or GPU programming (OpenCL, CUDA, SSE)
- Knowledge of machine learning, with a general understanding of neural network approaches
- Able to write clear documentation and training material to help users understand an API
- Experience in assembler level programming
- Experience in C++ programming
Arm Core Beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual has the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is essential, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and be responsible for your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
With offices around the world, Arm is full of diverse, dedicated, creative and hard-working engineers. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we support our people to share their contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps