We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is looking for engineers to join our hardware applications engineering team based in Cambridge UK. We provide the front line technical support and training to customers worldwide, developing the latest products using ARM CPU and System Component IP.
In this role you would have a varied work and be fault finding problems with customer designs based on ARM CPU & system IP, replicating issues using simulations and test benches. Once your knowledge has established, you would be visiting customer’s sites to deliver technical training courses to their development teams, whilst also providing reviews and advice on their system designs. At staff and Principal level you would be mentoring and guiding more junior members of the team, passing on your deep experience and expertise and assisting with the development of best working practice within the group. You will also be responsible for helping to improve our products and facilitate our partners to embrace new technology. You will raise defects against development tools and documentation, review documentation and periodically write application notes, example source code and knowledge base articles.
Key Technical Skills & Experience
- Degree or higher in Electronic Engineering or similar.
- Proven experience using HDL such as Verilog or VDHL with tools for simulating hardware using test benches.
- working knowledge of microprocessor architectures and interconnect.
- Provide fast and accurate answers to customer questions about ARM CPU & system hardware IP
- Develop and deliver customer training courses on CPU & System IP, both on site and remotely.
- Test IP deliverables and provide feedback to design team prior to release to customers.
- Perform customer SOC design reviews using ARM IP and provide functionality and optimisation recommendations.
- Create and modify web-based knowledgebase articles and application notes.
- Review documentation for hardware IP deliverables and provide improvement recommendations to the technical authors.
- Mentor more junior members of the team.
Essential Skills & Experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Good listening skills
- Speaks clear and fluent English
- Enjoys working with customers and solving problems
- Has good organisational skills and is detail-oriented
- Demonstrates a positive, “can-do” attitude
Full training, guidance and mentoring will be given on joining to get you going. As you will be part of a warm friendly team, backup and advice will always be at hand.
Some of the benefits include a competitive salary, annual bonus schemes, equity, sabbaticals and a variety of lifestyle and wellness benefits. We also reward innovation through our patent and white paper bonuses.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps