We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Would you like to take an active part in the Technology Revolution? Do you like solving complex problems?
Join the Arm application engineering team to be at the heart of the action.
Internet of Things, smart homes, self-driving cars are cutting-edge technologies where Arm products serve as the heart of these solutions. One of the biggest challenges is to keep the connected world safe and secured.
Our groundbreaking security architecture are at the forefront of many applications from Internet of Things (IoT) to high-end smartphones. We trust that every device can be connected, with no compromise on quality, security, or privacy. We are well on our way to connecting a trillion devices, underpinning Arm’s vision and position as a market leader in this space.
What will I be accountable for?
As part of the application engineering group you will be joining an exciting international team responsible for enabling and supporting customers secure their devices to the highest standards using Arm technology.
We are seeking firmware engineers who are passionate about and dedicated to delivering high-quality technical support to our customers.
By tackling the challenge of this role:
- You will link the knowledge and expertise of several engineering teams to become an expert in Arm’s Secure Identity solution.
- You will deliver excellent customer experience by seeking to understand their needs and striving to achieve matching solutions.
- You will create and deliver training on Arm’s Secure Identity products to both external and internal partners.
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 4+ years’ experience in embedded software development
- Proficient with any of the following scripting languages: Perl, Python and/or Shell
- Experience with embedded OS (Linux, FreeRTOS)
- Experience working with customers to solve technical problems or other customer facing experience
- Willing to travel occasionally (domestic and internationally)
- Self-efficient, pro-active personality with good presentation skills
- Aptitude and enthusiasm for learning new technologies
- A genuine real passion for technology, actively following new technologies and trends
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of security basics and cryptographic algorithms (RSA, ECC, AES)
- Experience with hardware development in RTL (Verilog, VHDL)
- Experience with version control systems (Git, SVN)
- Experience of open-source software development
- Understanding of Arm security initiatives (PSA, TrustZone)
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
• Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
• No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
• Information is important, share it
• Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
• Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
• Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
• Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
• The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps