We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the role
Arm processors are the brains in billions of diverse electronic devices. Our CPU group defines, designs, and validates all of Arm's processor IP and collaborates with the world's leading technology companies.
On this complementary team, we have an open and relaxed culture where best-in-class, creative engineers work together on significant projects. Our upbeat and collaborative team builds CPU designs that impact how people connect every single day.
Whether you consider yourself an experienced CPU micro architect, an expert RTL design engineer, or an expert verification engineer, this role offers you challenging and rewarding responsibilities with forward-thinking colleagues and the ability to make an impact on our industry.
At our Austin-based design center, you will join a small, rare, and hardworking RTL design team developing the next generation of functional safety capable Arm A-class microprocessors. You will contribute in all aspects of the microprocessor life cycle from developing the functional safety plan, creating requirements, analyzing the design for safety, and interfacing with partners to deliver Arm's next high performance, energy-efficient microprocessors to meet the demands of the market in functional safety applications.
You will use leading-edge technologies and methodologies to ensure the highest quality products as you collaborate with other Arm engineering teams to build complete IP solutions to address the functional safety requirements for many application markets
What will I be accountable for?
- Own and develop functional safety work products for both internal and external distribution, which includes project ownership for audits and assessments of the workflow
- Own functional safety traceability of requirements for the project
- Work closely with engineers across design, validation, and implementation to meet all functional safety requirement goals
- Work closely with product marketing and project management ensuring that partner deliverables are timely and comprehensive
- Work with the global Arm functional safety community to ensure best practices are established and followed through various working groups
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- MS or BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of CPU verification experience
- High-level understanding of CPU architecture and microarchitecture, including experience in the area of out-of-order microarchitecture and/or coherent memory systems
- Hands-on experience using Verilog or VHDL HDL for design.
What would give my candidacy an edge?
- Understanding of quality standards such as ISO-9001, ISO-26262 and IEC-61508
- Scripting abilities, e.g. with Perl, Python, etc.
- Domain expertise in various logic areas of CPU microarchitecture design
- RTL design or verification experience for multi-threaded, low-power microprocessors
- Very high attention to detail and a proven record of earning the trust of designers and other verification team members
- Exceptional communication skills
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is important, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky, not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps