We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Intern on CPU Performance Modelling
Do you want to be part of the team that predicts the performance of the next generation Arm microprocessors?
We are looking for hardworking undergraduates who are passionate about architecture modelling and performance exploration to join our CPU performance modelling team.
Our team is in charge of the development and maintenance of the software models used to explore the design space and identify the micro-architectural features for future cores. Performance modelling engineers interact closely with CPU designers to analyze CPU bottlenecks, discuss, propose and explore ideas that improve the micro-architecture.
Performance Modelling Internship Roles at Arm
We have exciting opportunities in the CPU group, as part of a highly motivated team that helps define new generations of mainstream processors through an inhouse architecture simulator.
You will have real responsibilities from day one and you will get support and guidance from experts that will help you succeed. Through teamwork, training, and dedication to personal development, we ensure that every intern begins their developmental journey to become a first class Arm engineer.
What will your role be?
- You will contribute to the definition of the next generation of Arm’s IP products, analysing trade-offs between different options via micro-architecture modelling and proposing new ideas.
- You will evaluate the performance impact of the new features and collaborate with design teams to make the right choice.
- You will verify that the final microprocessor meets the expected performance targets, helping the design engineers to identify performance anomalies.
- You will explore new methodologies and novel software techniques that will improve modelling efficiency.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need to be in your second year of a degree program in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or another relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a Performance Modelling Intern include:
- Good understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
- Good level on object-oriented programming, preferably C++
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Other desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps