What we are looking for
- A minimum of 5+ years relevant working experience.
- Experience building and maintaining software addressing key SRE areas of responsibility (see above).
- Strong Software Engineering experience, with an ability to work in multiple programming languages.
- Experience with Distributed Systems and operating them as they scale.
- Experience operating services running in the cloud (AWS primarily) or virtualized API-driven platforms.
- Articulate and personable with strong spoken and written English language abilities.
- Knowledge and experience in Systems Engineering, Administration, and Operations.
- Demonstrate the ability to work independently and collaboratively as part of a specialized team.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively across language barriers.
We would be thrilled if you:
- Have experience automating datastore operations or datastores as a service.
- Crafted APIs and specifications that allow for future non-breaking changes while remaining backwards compatible for as long as possible.
- Had experience analyzing system-wide performance: latency, throughput, and efficiency.
- A student of complex systems theory and how to build resilient and adaptive systems.
- Able to build services backed by BLOB, relational, and/or document data stores, currently: S3, PostgreSQL, and DynamoDB.
- Have experience working as part of a distributed or partially distributed team and thrive in an a highly collaborative and communicative work environment.
- Pride yourself on giving back to your community: open source contributions, speaking, teaching, mentoring, or helping others.
- Experience speaking and/or writing Japanese.
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly. About Arm Treasure Data
Arm Treasure Data provides an end-to-end, fully managed cloud service (data acquisition, storage and analysis capability) for Big Data that is trusted and simple. As the original developers of Fluentd, an advanced open-source log collector specifically designed to solve the big data log collection problem, Arm Treasure Data solves the problems for companies wanting the ability to manage their big data needs.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.