We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you interested in helping to architect a smarter world? We are looking for a software engineer to help shape our technology as part of a Solutions team within Central Technology.
As a developer of power-efficient (micro-)processor technology, Arm is ideally positioned to tackle challenges facing a wide variety of markets, including Automotive, IoT, Mobile, and Servers. Effective solutions require a "system" mindset and your innovative ideas will support Central Technology to develop system architectures and influence industry-leading IP that underpin each solution.
This diverse role will largely focus on developing solutions for Automotive applications; typical activities would include functional safety/security analyses, technology research, hands-on software prototyping, and experimental investigations. It will also involve engaging with product groups, working closely with engineering teams, and taking part in partner and customer engagements. You will join a multinational, dynamic, collaborative and highly motivated Solutions team based in Cambridge (UK) with close connection to associated teams in Lund (Sweden), Shanghai (China), and Austin (USA).
What you will be involved with:
- Gathering and generating solution requirements
- Investigating market use-cases and understanding the functional safety and security implications
- Identifying safety hazards and defining detection/mitigation strategies
- Prototyping and evaluating system-level safety mechanisms
- Crafting system-level architectural recommendations
- Collaborating with other architects/engineers to influence the Arm technology
- Developing software for Automotive solutions
Skills & Experience required:
- Good understanding of computer architecture and embedded systems
- Experience of software development for a commercial organization
- Strong knowledge of C or C++ programming
- Proficiency in problem solving and debugging skills
- Practical, organized and analytical approach to work
- Good oral and written English skills
- Knowledge about Digital Cockpit and ADAS systems
- Familiarity with the ISO26262 development processes
- Engagement with Automotive OEM and Tier 1 companies
- Software development and integration on Linux, Android, Tizen, QNX, or similar systems
- Knowledge of scripting languages, including Python
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Arm has a responsibility to ensure that all employees are eligible to live and work in the UK.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps