We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Our Artisan portfolio of high-performance, high-density, low-power and ultra-low power memories are optimized for each silicon technology. Your work will impact Arm innovation being used in circuits running as fast as 3GHz+ that are in development and production at groundbreaking semiconductor foundries and IDMs. If you are a forward-thinking, dedicated, creative and self-going individual that loves analysis and problem solving then we are keen to hear from you.
About the role
You will be part of the Memory Product Line Team within PDG. This team is responsible for the definition of all methodology, design flows, and tool usage for the development of memory compilers and custom memories. Your main responsibility will be to guide the division regarding the simulation strategy, analyzing, debugging, and recommending the right usage of tools to optimize the cost/accuracy across division. In addition, you will be involved in many other activities related to efficiency and user experience improvements.
What will I be accountable for?
Responsibilities would include but are not limited to:
- You will own the Arm PDG fast spice strategy
- You will be the main interface with Arm EDA Vendors to drive tool debug and enhancements for various process nodes.
- You will guide and supervise the usage of Fast Spice simulators across PDG to optimize the efficiency.
- You will continuously look for possible improvements related to memory simulation efficiency and accuracy.
- You will participate in various other tasks related to the memory design flow, review existing tools and flows and proactively identify areas for improvement.
- You will interact, communicate, and collaborate with the design automation team and various other internal teams to drive the development of new tools and flows.
- You will communicate regularly with memory designers to understand their challenges and address their methodology requirements.
What skills, experience and qualifications do I need?
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant experience (for BSEE)
- A minimum of 2 years of relevant experience (for MSEE)
- You have excellent problem solving and debug skills (Simulation, parasitic extraction)
- You have a good understanding of SRAM memory operation.
- You have a good experience with Fast Spice simulators, leading to a good understanding of their principles and limitations
- You are experienced with and understand EM and IR drop analysis tools and flows.
- You have good coding skills (Unix/perl/…)
- You have experience with industry standard EDA tools for memory design and analysis.
- You have good communication skills.
- Experienced with common memory design tools from Cadence/Mentor/Synopsys.
- Experienced with memory design, development, and verification flows
- Experienced with aging modeling and variation modeling methodologies
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We Not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for Progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be Your Brilliant Self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps