We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
The Architecture and Technology Group (ATG) at Arm is responsible for developing technologies and products for Arm’s future architecture roadmap. As part of the evolution of new architecture specifications, modelling is an integral and essential element that enables evaluation of the key architecture features in terms of performance and functionality. The modelling team works alongside world class leading architects in their field to develop new models and design performance studies to evaluate and shape new architecture features.
The successful candidate will be one of the founding members of the modelling team and be responsible for evaluating modelling technologies, building models for architecture feature evaluation, and carry out architecture investigations.
As a member of the ATG team, you will be responsible for working closely with senior architects across geographical locations to develop functional and performance models and conduct performance studies to define next-generation architecture features. Working in a tight loop in an evolving research-oriented environment is a challenge which will stretch and extend your knowledge and abilities. You will have a substantial impact in shaping future Arm CPU and system architecture.
If you have experience with model development and/or performance analysis, this is the role for you.
Education & Qualifications
Good university degree, ideally in Electrical Engineering, Electronics and Communication or Computer Science, although other graduates would be considered if they have relevant experience.
Essential Skills & Experience
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in CPU/system IP/SoC modelling and/or performance analysis
- Strong programming skills in C/C++
- Reasonable knowledge and experience in computer architecture
- Ability to work with geographically distributed stakeholders
Arm core beliefs
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our unique culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t (what does collaborate)
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Contributory Pension
- Insurance, Medical, Life & Personal accident
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave
- Sabbatical, 20 business days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Others, subsidized meal, gym, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Bangalore office employs staff from the Architecture & Technology, CPU, Physical Design, Systems & Software and Administrative Support teams. Located at a height of over 900 m (3,000 ft) above sea level, Bangalore is known for its pleasant climate throughout the year which makes it suitable for a variety of outdoor sports in the numerous parks and gardens that dot the city.
Arm Embedded Technologies Private Ltd.
Bagmane World Technology Center - SEZ
Citrine Block, 5th and 6th Floor
Marathahalli Outer Ring Road,
Bangalore - 560 048.
See on Google maps