We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Do you want to set new standards in physical implementation? This is a rare opportunity to become a part of the Cambridge CPU implementation team. The CPU group defines, designs and validates Arm's processor IP - the brains inside billions of electronic devices.
As a physical implementation engineer, you will join the successful team that has enabled huge volumes of next-generation high-efficiency processors, including the hugely successful Cortex-A53, the most recent Cortex-A55 through to the smallest and most energy efficient Cortex-M0+ processors.
Your mandate will be to influence RTL development whilst innovating, crafting and deploying the latest physical implementation techniques on live projects. You will provide the quality support that our customers desire and collaborate with them to develop the best products that help influence the world. You will have the opportunity to drive EDA vendors on leading-edge processes (eg. 7nm FinFET) and more mature nodes (eg. 28/40nm) whilst pushing the boundaries of power efficiency and influencing physical library development.
Our team is tightly integrated with the RTL design teams and this gives you an unrivaled opportunity to improve your knowledge of CPU microarchitecture. Your wide-ranging set of responsibilities will include:
- The physical implementation of Arm processors using the entire implementation flow from RTL through Place and Route to STA
- Investigating the trade-offs involved in CPU design
- Tackling complex challenges like low power and methodologies for improving the efficiency of implementation
- To understand, plan and address the life-cycle phases of engineering projects
- Working with the sales and marketing teams to support the launch of new cores
- Supporting our customers and enabling them to be successful in the world
- Collaborating with EDA vendors to extend the best in class results from our processors whilst focussing on the ideal user experience
Your skills and qualifications
- An attention to detail and tenacity to chase down problems
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills
- Good analytical skills along with the ability for creative thinking
- An ability to effectively work alone as well as in a team
- A professional and enthusiastic approach to work
- You would be enrolled on a university degree (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline
What will give you the edge
Whilst not required, we would love to find out more from you if you have:
- knowledge of hardware description languages (eg. Verilog or System Verilog)
- a background of scripting languages such as Tcl, Python and Perl as well as Unix
- an appreciation of challenges faced at the nanometre-scale
- passion, curiosity and drive to develop yourself
At Arm, we are proud to have core beliefs that reflect our open culture and guide our decisions. Our beliefs define how we work together, and how we evaluate you. Here is a preview for you:
- We, Not I: Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive. Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
- Passion for Progress: Difficult things can take unexpected directions; stick with it. The essence of progress is that it can’t stop; grow with it and lead your own progress.
- Be Your Brilliant Self: Be quirky not egocentric. Make trust our default position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps