We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Are you creative, innovative, and enthusiastic about new technologies? Do you enjoy programming and have a knack for problem solving? We are looking for interns passionate about a career in digital hardware design and verification.
At Arm you will shape the future of technology and collaborate in the development of next-generation GPUs, CPUs, Machine Learning accelerators, and System components to power billions of devices worldwide.
Hardware Design & Verification Internships at Arm
We have exciting opportunities in the following hardware groups:
- In the GPU team we design the latest graphics processors.
- In the CPU team we develop mainstream processors ranging from high-performance cores to low-power micro-controllers.
- In the Machine Learning group we create processors optimised for efficient machine learning applications.
- In the Systems group we build the Interconnect, Display Processor, Image Signal Processor and other system components that are essential to achieving high performance system-on-chip designs.
What will your role be?
As an intern you will work alongside experienced engineers on real project tasks within one of Arm's IP development teams. Examples of previous project tasks include:
- Developing and trialling new processes for use by the design/verification teams.
- Investigating alternative options for existing design or verification implementations.
You will gain exposure to leading-edge Electronic Design Automation (EDA) tools and different aspects of developing highly-complex design/methodologies. You will have the opportunity to demonstrate your abilities whilst contributing to current and future project developments in Arm.
Are you a good fit for Arm?
In order to be considered, you will need at least a Bachelor’s degree at 2.1 (or equivalent) in Electronic Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science or other relevant subject. Other degree types may be considered with relevant experience.
Skills and experience that we look for in a hardware Design and Verification Graduate include:
- An engineering mind-set with strong problem-solving skills
- A keen interest in processors and digital systems
- Understanding of computer architecture fundamentals
- Familiarity with basic digital design concepts
- Experience of at least one programming language
- Excellent attention to detail
- Creativity and ability to communicate ideas effectively
- Good interpersonal and teamwork skills
Other desirable skills include:
- Knowledge of one of the following: GPU, CPU, Machine Learning, or System architecture
- Knowledge of design techniques for low power
- Familiarity with a hardware description language, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Exposure to verification techniques and testbenches (e.g. UVM and Formal)
- Programming languages such as: assembly language (ideally Arm assembler), higher-level (e.g. C), object-oriented (e.g. C++)
- Use of a UNIX environment and shell programming/scripting in e.g. Tcl, Perl, Python etc.
- Exposure to low-level programming or driver development
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps