We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. Our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. Our large footprint in the stack of technologies that enables IoT applications, creates an unparalleled opportunity to be at the forefront of the Machine Learning and data driven revolution.
We are a fast growing, diverse and dynamic team of enthusiastic professionals who share a vision and real passion for building a technology foundation for this emerging industry. We are looking for a hardworking and hands-on data engineer as part of our data science team within ISG organization.
The role will be based in San Jose with occasional travel to other Arm sites, customers and partners.
What will I be accountable for?
- You work closely with internal/external key partners across the globe to understand and document requirements to implement and optimize data workflow
- You take lead in designing pipelines for ETL and data access (e.g. scrape, clean, prepare, catalogue data)
- You will consolidate and govern data from different sources
- You appreciate operating in agile environment and being the interface to the product team
- You will successfully maintain data process and model deployment by applying best software practices
- You are the database wizard and enjoy enabling the data science with relevant and consolidated data
- You will be curious and open-minded about different tools and frameworks, and you can adopt the right one for the task at hand
What skills, experience, and qualifications do I need?
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, with at least four years of experience in a professional setting
- You are experienced and passionate to design, develop, unit test, code review, build and produce the deployment artifacts.
- Deep understanding of trade-offs for different methods to scale and stabilize the scheme of database engines
Nice to have:
- Built pipeline to harvest data and put them in a format that is easily accessible by different part of the organization
- Hands-on experience with cloud compute experience such as AWS
- Demonstrable strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and spoken English to communicate openly and effectively
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm San Jose office is nestled in California's Silicon Valley, just south of San Francisco. Serving as Arm’s North America headquarters, the office houses employees serving all divisions of Arm. World-renowned Stanford University is seen as a hub of innovation, helping to make San Jose one of the US’s fastest growing cities.
San Jose, California USA
150 Rose Orchard Way
San Jose, CA 95134-1358
See on Google maps