We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm is committed to leading the way towards enabling a highly secure, data driven, intelligent and hyperconnected world with over a trillion interconnected devices. We are seeking highly motivated interns to join Arm’s Data and AI Cloud Services Research team to work on a variety of cutting-edge software systems and algorithms research. Our services research team’s activities cover a wide range of disciplines including embedded systems, networking, edge computing to novel ML algorithms and cloud-based data and analytics systems and services. Exceptional candidates can experience first-hand how Arm is shaping and re-defining the data driven pervasive compute ecosystem through innovations in hardware, software systems, and end-to-end edge-to-cloud-based data and AI services.
Education & Qualifications
• Pursuing MS degree or PhD in Computer Science
• Candidates pursuing BS degree in Computer Science may be considered if they have project or work experience with essential skills and experience
Essential Skills & Experience
The candidate should have strong programming and software engineering skills with research interests in one of the following areas:
• Large scale distributed systems
• Data science and algorithms (probability & statistics, machine learning, deep learning, etc.)
• IoT, embedded systems, and connectivity technologies
• Web services, cloud computing, databases, analytics systems
• Successful candidates will be enthusiastic, self-motivated, flexible, and have good written and verbal communication skills.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps