We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About the Role
Come join Arm’s Cycle Models team, a driven team of highly technical software developers. The Arm Cycle Model team builds tools that are vital to performance analysis, IP selection, and validation of SoC designs at the heart of compute.
As the Agile Software Product Owner, you will work with product management, users, and developers to drive an increasing product value. As a key member of the Scrum team, you will collaborate with software engineers with a deep understanding of modelling technologies to ensure they understand product requirements and can articulate the value of deep technical improvements.What will you be accountable for?
- Prioritizing the most important issues to deliver value to the business as a whole
- Negotiating priorities with stakeholders, ensuring that all parties have been heard and their needs considered, and acting as a final decision maker to settle disagreements
- Translating requirements to terminology accessible to the development team
- Driving requirement refinement by collaboration with the development and marketing teams
- Coaching Agile best practices throughout the team.
- Participating in Scrum ceremonies including leading sprint planning and setting sprint goals
- Demonstrating integrity, positive attitude, proven work ethic, camaraderie to the team and a real passion for excellence
What skills, and qualifications do you need?
Desired behaviors for this role:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Certification for and experience acting as either a Product Owner or Scrum Master
- Leadership experience in a software development organization
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at various levels within the organization, which includes senior management, operations personnel and customers
- Collaborative attitude to persuade and influence others
- Previous system level, embedded systems, or C/C++ development experience
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Boston office houses the cycle model team, multiple engineering groups along with sales and marketing personnel. Considered a cradle of the American Revolution, this historic seaport city is a city with a rabid sports scene, including the Boston Red Sox, winners of the 2013 World Series. It is also home to numerous prestigious institution of higher learning including Harvard and MIT.
Boston, MA USA
100 5th Avenue, Suite 5010
Waltham, MA 02451