We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip intelligence making affordable, easy-to-use electronic innovations come to life. Arm engineers design and develop CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries.
We are seeking highly motivated interns to join the Software and Large Scale Systems Research team to work on a variety of cutting-edge research for spring, summer, or fall-term placements. We offer internships in any of our research activities, including:
- High Performance Computing
- High Performance Data Analytics
- Workload optimization for current and next generation Arm vector architectures (SVE)
- Reliability and QoS in Server/Embedded/Automotive
- Compiler performance studies
Exceptional candidates can experience first-hand how Arm shapes an ecosystem of more than one thousand partners that ship over 10 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors each year.
Please provide a cover letter with your application
Education & Qualifications:
- Pursuing MSc degree or PhD in Computer Science / Computer Engineering or a Computational Science discipline (Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Applied Math)
- Candidates pursuing BSc degree may be considered if they have project or work experience with essential skills and experience
Essential Skills & Experience
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Programming experience in C/C++, Fortran and/or Python
- Understanding of basic principles of Parallel Programming
- Experience in SIMD performance optimization (code refactoring, intrinsics or assembly)
- Application and workload benchmarking, and performance analysis with common performance profiling (e.g. PAPI) and debugging tools
Desirable skills & Experience
- Knowledge of Message Passing Interface (MPI) and/or OpenMP
- Knowledge of gem5 micro-architecture simulation tool
- Any domain-specific knowledge of a computational discipline (Chemistry, Physics, Engineering, Applied Math), Graph Algorithms or Deep Learning
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps