We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Arm's Machine Learning Research Team identifies and investigates emerging ML technologies and applications and evaluates how to creatively deploy them wherever computing happens; from always-on sensors, to mobile phones, and to the cloud. You will be given the opportunity to work within the rapidly-growing ML field and to deliver the underlying technology to deploy creative applications on Arm IP – the centre of the world’s most ubiquitous compute platforms.
ML research adds extra dimensions to the already challenging problems of tomorrow – providing top model accuracy while optimizing for energy consumption on embedded devices, maintaining QoS across a wide variety of mobile hardware, and scaling ML to billions of connected devices in the Internet of Things. The ML research team collaborates with product teams to deliver industry leading hardware and software solutions to Arm’s partners. The team also works closely with leading ML university research to track and collaborate on emerging technology.
We are seeking you, a highly motivated MS or PhD student to be part of our dedicated Research team.
You will work alongside experienced engineers within our team and the wider research group, doing real project tasks. We believe in developing talent for the future, and therefore aim to offer many of our interns a graduate position once they have finished their studies.
Are you excited about working on interesting new projects but concerned about receiving support? Your line manager will offer you ongoing support, feedback and development opportunities. You will have flexibility and freedom in how you decide to complete your project tasks.
You can experience firsthand how Arm shapes an ecosystem of more than one thousand partners that ship over 10 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors each year.
Please provide a cover letter with your application.
What will you be accountable for?
- Developing and optimizing ML algorithms for constrained platforms
- Collaborating with our product teams to develop new tools and IP – architecture, hardware, and software
- Prototyping HW and SW solutions
- Reporting and presenting research findings and experimental results to key internal partners
- Publishing the results of your research
What skills, experience, and qualifications do you need?
- Pursuing a Master or PhD in Computer Science / Machine Learning
- Deep understanding of Machine Learning / Deep Learning
- Hands-on experience developing foundational Machine Learning technology, including algorithms, models, training, and optimization
- Published at exclusive ML conferences, such as, NIPS, ICML, ICLR, ISCA, IEEE, Hot Chips
- Understanding of some ML use cases, such as, computer vision or natural language processing
- Understanding of CPU, GPU, NN accelerator, and systems architecture and micro-architecture
- Experience with software workloads, benchmarking, and bottleneck / performance analysis using performance profiling tools
- Strong programming skills using languages including C, C++, and Python along with excellent problem solving and debugging abilities
- Scientific, objective mindset
- You are hardworking, ambitious, flexible, and have good written and verbal interpersonal skills
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
Information is crucial, share it.
Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
Be quirky not egocentric.
Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
Make trust our default position.
Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps