We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As an engineer at Arm, you will work with a dynamic team, rapidly developing innovative technologies, and you will interact with a wide range or organizations within Arm as well with partners and vendors. The Development Solutions Groups create and enable software tools that improve Arm System Performance, productivity and time to market. A member of the DSG organization, the Fast Models team is responsible for delivering accurate, flexible programmer’s view models of Arm IP for drivers, firmware, OS and application development prior to silicon availability.
If you join the team, you will have a great opportunity to contribute and engage with engineers from different disciplines and customers to bring new products to the market. You could be designing, implementing and testing new software models and tooling solutions
What will you be accountable for?
- You will be involved with all phases of development process from initial requirement analysis, specification, and task breakdown through delivery.
- You will drive software development practices for premier efficiency, quality and predictability
- You will deliver and maintain production quality software using agile development process
What skills, experience and qualifications do you need?
Education & Qualifications
University degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Software Engineering or Computer Engineering.
- Strong programming skills in C++
- Extensive experience in all parts of the software development cycle including design, specification, coding, testing and debugging
- Knowledge and experience in software development on Windows, including specifics of modern compilers, build systems and debuggers
- Dedicated, self-motivated and passionate about software development
- Being able to clearly communicate requirements and solutions for complicated technical problems
- Experience with Linux, scripting, source control and continuous integration environment
- Experience with Python programming
- Experience with CMake
- Willingness to be flexible and adaptable against dynamic project requirements
At Arm, we are proud to have a set of behaviors that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and craft extraordinary. These behaviors are assessed as part of the recruitment process:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective
- Information is crucial, share it
- Realise that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up the pool of people you connect with
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric
- Recognise the power in saying ‘I don’t know’
- Make trust our default position
- Hold strong opinions lightly
We are hiring multiple engineers at this location.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Award
- Group Personal Pension Plan with enhanced company contribution
- Medical, Travel, Health & Life Insurances
- Holiday, 25 days annual leave with option to buy an additional 5 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-year of service
- Volunteering, One (1) paid working day each year (TeamARM)
- Varies by location: cycle to work, free car parking, gym on site, team and social events
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
At our global HQ in Cambridge, England we house the majority of our engineering and our corporate groups that deliver our extraordinary success. As a world-renowned university town, Cambridge boasts both a beautiful countryside and a historical town center. Local activities include punting on the River Cam and the many museums that reside within Cambridge University.
Cambridge, UK - Global HQ
110 Fulbourn Road
See on Google maps