We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
As the industry's leading supplier of microprocessor technology, Arm provides efficient, low-power chip technology making electronic innovations come to life. Our employees impact a rich ecosystem by crafting and developing CPUs, graphics processors, complex system IP, supporting software development tools, and physical libraries. These contributions have enabled more than one thousand Arm partners to ship over 100 billion leading-edge Arm-powered processors.
We have internship opportunities in Austin, TX, Chandler, AZ or San Jose, CA.
We are looking for highly motivated college students to join Arm and help craft the future of technology by actively impacting the next generation of advancements in:
- CPU Engineering: you'll be an integral part of the team focusing on CPU architecture, contributing to the specification, design and verification of the next generation of Arm microprocessors.
- Systems Engineering: you will work alongside our groups contributing to systems architecture high performance design and verification of the next generation of Arm microprocessors.
- Physical Design Engineering: you will be part of development team that includes some of the industry's leading experts in deep submicron circuit design and design for manufacturing (DFM) techniques.
At Arm we empower our talented individuals to work together as a team to push the boundaries of what is possible!
As an intern, you will be able to work closely with our talented and expert engineers to help design groundbreaking technology. You will gain knowledge and tackle challenges while being able to encounter opportunities to work on all aspects of product development.
- Currently enrolled in a bachelor’s or master’s program in computer or electrical engineering, or a related field
- Can work full-time for a minimum of 12-weeks in Summer 2020
Essential skills include:
- Familiarity with hardware description languages, such as VHDL or Verilog/SystemVerilog
- Knowledgeable about computer architecture and micro-architecture concepts
- Programming languages: C, C++, Python, or Java
- Use of Linux/Unix
- Understanding of FPGAs and RTL design
- Knowledge of Arm architecture
- Knowledge of SoC design
What are the desired behaviors for this role?
At Arm, we are guided by our core beliefs that reflect our rare culture and guide our decisions, defining how we work together to defy ordinary and shape extraordinary:
We not I
- Take daily responsibility to make the Global Arm community thrive.
- No individual owns the right answer. Brilliance is collective.
- Information is crucial, share it.
- Realize that we win when we collaborate — and that everyone misses out when we don’t.
Passion for progress
- Our differences are our strength. Widen and mix up your network of connections.
- Difficult things can take unexpected directions. Stick with it.
- Make feedback positive and expansive, not negative and narrow.
- The essence of progress is that it can’t stop. Grow with it and own your own progress.
Be your brilliant self
- Be quirky not egocentric.
- Recognize the power in saying ‘I don’t know’.
- Make trust our default position.
- Hold strong opinions lightly.
Your particular benefits package will depend on position and type of employment and may be subject to change. Your package will be confirmed on offer of employment. Arm’s benefits program provides permanent employees with the opportunity to stay innovative and healthy, ensure the wellness of their families, and create a positive working environment.
- Annual Bonus Plan
- Discretionary Cash Awards
- 401(k), 100% matching on first 6% eligible earnings
- Medical, Dental & Vision, 100% coverage for employee only, shared cost for dependents
- Basic Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance (AD&D)
- Short Term (STD) and Long Term (LTD) Disability Insurance
- Vacation, 20 days per year with option to buy 5 more.
- Holidays, 13 days per year
- Sabbatical, 20 paid days every four-years of service
- Sick Leave, 7 days per year
- Volunteering, four hours per month (TeamARM)
- Office location dependent: café on site, fitness facilities, team and social events
- Additional benefits include: Flexible Spending Accounts for health and dependent care, EAP, Health Advocate, Business Travel Accident Program & Commuter programs.
ARM, Inc. (USA) participates in E-Verify. For more information, please refer to www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Arm® technology is at the heart of a computing and connectivity revolution that is transforming the way people live and businesses operate. From the unmissable to the invisible; our advanced, energy-efficient processor designs are enabling the intelligence in 86 billion silicon chips and securely powering products from the sensor to the smartphone to the supercomputer. With more than 1,000 technology partners including the world’s most famous business and consumer brands, we are driving Arm innovation into all areas compute is happening inside the chip, the network and the cloud.
With offices around the world, Arm is a diverse community of dedicated, innovative and highly talented professionals. By enabling an inclusive, meritocratic and open workplace where all our people can grow and succeed, we encourage our people to share their unique contributions to Arm's success in the global marketplace.
About the office
The Arm Austin office employs staff from across all divisions of ARM and is considered the engineering hub for North America. Austin has the nickname of “Silicon Hills” thanks to the high number of tech companies in the area, and is also known as the “Live Music Capital of the World". Events such as South by Southwest, Austin City Limits Music Festival and the F1 Grand Prix are but a few of the many activities that make Austin a top destination for both residents and travelers.
Austin, TX USA
5707 Southwest Pkwy
Bldg 1 Suite 100
Austin, TX. 78735
See on Google maps